Chapter 68: Xu Feng

The disciples of Clear Dawn Sect were silent. They all knew that Kong Hou had been taken by Peak Master Wang Tong from the mortal world. Now, Spirit Master Shuang Qing had said in front of her that people from the mortal world were not suited to cultivation. Was he purposely provoking her?

Even Ling Bo who disliked Kong Hou slightly felt these words were inappropriate. People should not ask others about their background. Regardless of where they came from, her pentad spirit base talent was the object of envy. Also a woman and a pentad spirit base cultivator, Ling Bo naturally had the same position as Kong Hou. So she said using a sound art to Chang De, with slight displeasure, “This Spirit Master Shuang Qing doesn’t know how to speak—how did he become sect master?”

Chang De frowned. “Sit down and do not speak.”

Ling Bo rolled her eyes. She raised a teacup and drank to disguise her true emotions. She disliked Kong Hou but what was this square-headed Shuang Qing? He dared to criticize pentad spirit base cultivators?

“Spirit Master Shuang Qing originally had a shixiong, but then this shixiong felt that cultivation was not interesting. He wanted to be a master carpenter so he threw away Primary Luck Sect and left. As the second apprentice of the sect master, Shuang Qing was forced into the position of sect master.” Chang De sat carefully, his expression extremely serious. No one could see he was chatting about the secrets of other people with his shimei.

“So he became sect master based on luck.” Ling Bo snorted. No wonder he was like this.

Shuang Qing, who was slightly confused by Huan Zhong’s cool attitude but wanted to curry favor with Radiance Sect and Clear Dawn Sect, did not become dejected at this matter. He enthusiastically arranged rooms for everyone and invited them all to eat lunch together.

The dishes were served. The dishes were filled with spirit energy, and the wine was made from spirit fruits. Each dish was worth cities. This was not a table of dishes—it was clearly Shuang Qing’s enthusiasm for his guests.

“Apologies, I do not drink wine.” Huan Zhong blocked the wine cup Shuang Qing handed over. “Just tea is fine.”

“I misunderstood. I frequently hear people say one travels the world with a sword and with a bottle of wine. I thought that Spirit Master Huan Zhong was the same.” Shuang Qing saw the others had no intentions of drinking wine and put the jug to the side.

“Sect Master Shuang Qing misunderstands. Sword cultivators should be clear of mind and be one with the sword. How can a drunk person grip the sword in their hand?” Ling Bo raised her chin slightly, her face filled with pride. “The so-called travelling the world with a sword and a bottle of wine is those arrogant people entertaining themselves. Us cultivators cannot be so casual. So if it is not an important occasion and there are no major matters, we will do our best not to drink.”

If it was not an important occasion.

No major matters.

Kong Hou felt this cold Celestial Ling Bo’s words caused hatred too easily. She had a few bites of food. Used to the food of the sect, and after staying a few days at Five Flavors Manor, she felt that the dishes were too refined and did not have enough flavor.

Was this what Spirit Master Bai An said about lacking a soul?

With the addition of Five Flavors Manor, after this, the disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect could be said to be people who took care with their food.

At this time, Splendid Cloud Sect was writing Kong Hou’s name into the sect record of important matters. Behind her name was “made a great contribution to the sect.”