Chapter 153: Finally

Before the path union ceremony, the steward of Radiance Sect had sent a flying message seal to Huan Zhong asking him whether the path union ceremony should be prepared as luxurious and low-key or so extravagant that everyone in the cultivation world would feel admiration.

Originally, this steward would not have been so chatty to ask this. In any case, with Zhong Xi Shishu‘s personality, he naturally would not be like those pompous male cultivators who wanted to show off their wealth to the entire cultivation world at their path union ceremony.

But this routine inquiry gave him an answer completely different than he imagined. Zhong Xi Shishu requested a grand handling, and a magnificent one. Even his attendant, Elder Lin Hu, had come back and taken many good things from Zhong Xi Shishu‘s private stores. He turned the entire wedding procession into a gold and glowing one that no one else could rival in a thousand years.

“I had not expected Radiance Sect, who is usually so cold and noble, to be so scary when they show off.” A disciple of Cool Breeze Sect hid in a corner of Splendid Cloud Sect as he reached to grab the floating red envelopes. These red envelopes were not like the ones that Sky Sect sent at New Year’s Eve which contained coupons and discounts. These envelopes contained spirit stones, precious stones, seals or medicine ingredients.

“When a low-key person suddenly becomes high-key, it is more shocking.”

The Cool Breeze Sect disciples who obtained red envelopes all had smiles on their faces. Even the disciples of major sects secretly used spells to grab the red envelopes that had fallen to the ground, without any of their usual composure.

Hearing the female cultivators in the surroundings speak of how well-matched Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Miss Kong Hou were, Ling Yue looked up at the dancing female cultivators in the sky and gave a smile. For the next five centuries, and even a millennium, the people who had seen this path union ceremony would not forget today.

She spread out her palm and received a floating red envelope that was embroidered with the words “Never Separating.” She opened it and saw nine spirit stones inside.
Was this referring to lasting for a long [1] time?

She put the nine spirit stones into her own storage ring. Then she turned and saw Ling Bo of Clear Dawn Sect bending down to pick up red envelopes. She was faster than the other male cultivators. She stilled. The Ling Bo of her memories, who had servant girls opening the way for her by throwing flowers, and who always cared about her appearance and compared herself to other women in beauty, was picking up her skirt and fighting over red envelopes with other people?

Noticing Ling Yue’s attention, Ling Bo turned her back to Ling Yue and used her stare to force back the male cultivator competing with her. Then she bent down and picked up the red envelope.

She was not one who was so greedy, but Kong Hou’s luck was so strange. If she grabbed more of Kong Hou’s red envelopes, she would definitely benefit.

##

The wedding procession flew past the gates, the front hall, the other peaks to reach Moon Perching Peak.

Huan Zhong wore his wedding robes and rode the flying horse at the front. Kong Hou, standing on the stone steps, looked up and their gazes met.

Huan Zhong smiled at Kong Hou. With a sleeve, he used a minor spell Kong Hou had once taught him.

Flashing light turned into fresh flowers in the air. The petals slowly floated down and caused Moon Perching Peak to be beautiful and dream-like.

At that time, Kong Hou had been walking on the street and said to him with a smile that she would perform a magic trick for him.