Chapter 147: Ordinary Wind

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded and positioned the remaining fish. Seeing the fish too close together, she moved them apart.

“Why are you trying to find the dragons?” Uncle Salted Fish placed another basket by Kong Hou’s feet and motioned for her to continue. “To take the dragon core and make medicines, or to take dragon sinew for talismans?”

Continuing to place down fish, Kong Hou said, “If the dragon is alive, it is a precious and rare animal. Who would bear to take its core and sinews? I want to take two drops of dragon blood. I do not want to harm it.”

Uncle Salted Fish turned his head to look at Huan Zhong who was walking over. He was expressionless. “Oh.”

Huan Zhong could see that Uncle Salted Fish was purposefully making things difficult for Kong Hou. He bent down to help Kong Hou lay out the smelly salted dry fish. His expression was not good due to the odor, and his usually ethereal wide-sleeved robes hampered him in doing these things.

“Uncle, you live in this city?” Kong Hou continued to ask.

“Who will buy my salted fish in a poor and worn out place like this? I only coincidentally came ashore here to see if there is any cheap fish that I can sell to foolish spendthrifts.” Uncle Salted Fish patted away the dust from his clothes and appeared dissolute.

Kong Hou: “…”
Was foolish spendthrift referring to her?

The conditions of the cultivation world and the mortal world were different. Even in this poor fishing village, they did not lack for salt. In order to preserve the fish, the women would wipe great amounts of salt on the fish. The half-dried fish and salt mixed together became very sticky. Kong Hou knew that Huan Zhong liked cleanliness and bumped him with her elbow. “The dried fish is dirty. Leave this to Uncle Salted Fish and me.”

“No matter. Anything I do with you isn’t dirty.” Huan Zhong smiled at Kong Hou.

Uncle Salted Fish: “…”

These two young people were likely not right in the head. Since they were cultivators, why didn’t they use spells to lay out the fish? But seeing the two people’s sweet love, Uncle Salted Fish’s eyes dimmed slightly and he stopped being hard on them.

“Zhong Xi Shishu!” A Radiance Sect disciple who stayed behind to take care of matters hurriedly came out. He sighed in relief when he saw Huan Zhong hadn’t left and jumped off his flying sword. When he saw what Huan Zhong was doing, he was dazed. “Shi-Shishu?”

“What is it?” Huan Zhong placed the last few fish in the basket. His voice was slow and elegant, as though he was not drying fish but making seals.

“We found this when inventorying Gold Dragon Hall’s assets.” The disciple of Radiance Sect held a thumb-sized porcelain bottle in front of Huan Zhong.

The small bottle was unremarkable, and covered in dirt that had accumulated for a long time. To Huan Zhong and Kong Hou’s shock, there was a weak dragon energy.

“This is… dragon blood?” Kong Hou’s heart sped up and she stared unblinkingly at the porcelain bottle.

“Useless.” Uncle Salted Fish glanced at the bottle. “This kind of bottle cannot seal in spirit energy. After so many years, the dragon blood dried up long ago.”

Kong Hou took the bottle and carefully opened it. Her heart turned to ice. Uncle Salted Fish was correct. The dragon blood had died. It was in a black layer like dirt.

But… maybe it could be used?

Kong Hou still put away the bottle.

Noticing her movement, Uncle Salted Fish asked, “Radiance Sect disciples have searched the sea for dragon blood for so long and didn’t come here?”