Chapter 114: Secret

Wang Tong looked at his young apprentice’s determined gaze and could not bear to tell her that Huan Zhong had no romantic feelings towards her. He would be the hateful master that tore the lovers apart rather than make her feel that the man she liked had no feelings towards her.

A young love was always beautiful. She was just eighteen. Even if her feelings faded in the future, what she would remember would only be the regret at the missed opportunity, and not the discontent and fury at being refused.

“Spirit Master Zhong Xi is very powerful. Didn’t the mortals say that he is nine feet tall? A man like this who doesn’t even like leaving his sect—what is interesting about him?” Wang Tong turned his head and said, “I do not agree to you two being together.”

“The storybooks say that, but how can you take it as the truth?” Kong Hou said. “That’s because he is too strong. That made people have such speculations. Other than his appearance that has been speculated about, who can find any other flaw of his? The contents of the storybooks are not true. How can you believe this?” Thinking about how she had trusted the storybooks blindly, Kong Hou felt that she was slapping her own face.

Wang Tong knew just how exceptional Zhong Xi was. Even if there were rumors that he was ugly, when the cultivation world ranked the young male cultivators, Zhong Xi was still first, and was called the first young master. Even the ordinary people knew that in the face of absolute power, appearance was not important. “In any case… I do not agree.”

Kong Hou propped her face and did not quarrel because of Wang Tong’s words. She murmured, “I really had not imagined that Master would also be one to force apart lovers.”

Wang Tong: …

He wanted to have fun as well. But his apprentice was the only one who wanted this. What could he do?
“Speak, between me and Zhong Xi, who do you choose?” Wang Tong straightened like a stubborn child.

Kong Hou shoved several spirit fruits into his hand and sighed helplessly. “You, you, you, I choose you.”

“That’s good.” Wang Tong feared if he continued to speak, he would expose himself. He waved his hand and said, “Go back and reflect. You are young, you should focus on your cultivation. Love is an extraneous thing. When you ascend, will you lack for men in the immortal world?”

“You are right.” Kong Hou nodded repeatedly and shoved several more spirit fruits into Wang Tong’s hand. “Then I will return and reflect.” They said that the seniors were like children. When they were unreasonable, one could say anything. They could only be persuaded. She experienced it for herself now.

Exiting Master’s cave residence, she saw the three shizhi practicing the sword as she walked down the mountain. While her skill with the sword was not great, after interacting for long with Huan Zhong and Elder Lin, she had some knowledge of swordsmanship. She spoke, “Gao Shizhi, you need to lower your hold by two inches in that move. Otherwise, you will be easily attacked in your lower half.”

“Little Shishu.” Gao Jian Yan saw that Kong Hou was the speaker and bowed to her. He performed according to Kong Hou’s words and his movements flowed much better.

“Very good.” Kong Hou nodded and said to the trio, “Where is your master?”

“Master went to Daybreak Cloud Peak to get pill medicines.” Gui Ling bowed to Kong Hou. “Little Shishu, this junior recently learned a set of sword moves. Please watch me.”

“I can watch, but I am not like your master. I perform inner cultivation and am not skilled with the sword. I fear I cannot teach you much.” Kong Hou smiled. “Show me first.”