Chapter #7

Grian thanked whatever gods may or may not be out there that it was the end of the day. Now all he had to do was pray to those same gods that his father wasn't home, or at least, not home yet... Grian took a deep breath in and out, He would be the only one at home with his father today. The reason for this was because, well, Grian couldn't go over to Scotts because Jimmy was sick but he also couldn't tag along with Pearl, who was going over to Gem's house to hang out with Gem, Fwhip (Gem's twin), and Sausage (Fwhips boyfriend). Ya... Grian didn't exactly feel like third-wheeling today... He couldn't go and see Philza because both he and his wife were out of town at the moment. But... He also didn't want to go home... But, he didn't have anywhere else to go, soo... Ya, great... 

Grian jumped when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Grian whipped his head around and let out a small sigh when he saw that it was just Scar. "Hello, My Light!" Scar sang what he said. "Hello Sca- Wait... Did you just call me 'My Light'??" Panic immediately washed over Scar's face. "I... Um...." Grian shook his head, "It's all right Scar... If you want to call me that you can... To be completely honest, I've been called worse..." Grian shook his head. "Anyways, did you need something Scar?" 

Scar's ear twitched, "OH!! Yeah! I was wondering if you would be able to come over. I mean if you wa-" Grian cut Scar off by laughing. "I would be happy to come over!" Well, there goes to the problem of having to go home alone... The pair started to head over to Scars' place. They both talked about random things on their way. As they were walking, Grian spotted two cats. Grian let out a rather loud gasp, "OMG!!! Scar!! Look at those cats!!! Their so adorable!!" 

Scar quietly laughed at how Grian reacted to seeing the cats. "Yes, I see the cats Gri!" Grian twitched his wing. "Hang on!" Scar watched as Grian walked over to the two cats. Once close enough, Grian put his hand out toward to cats. The two cats smelled Grian hand before starting to rub up against him. After a few minutes, Grian returned with both of the cats in his shirt. It looked like the cats sat in a hammock made out of Grians shirt. 

"You're not going to put those cats down are you...?" Grian shook his head, "Nope! They are both mine now!" Scar twitched his ear, the smile slowly disappearing from his face. "Okay... But will your dad be okay with two cats in his house...?" Grian froze, and the smile on his face immediately disappeared. Oh... I didn't think about that... Grian looked down at the cats, now frowning. "Uh..." Grian couldn't form words. He shook his head, "Well... I can give them to an animal shelter then..." Scar quickly noticed the change in Grians tone. Scar gave Grian a small nod.

-Time Skip-

Scar and Grian had finished giving the cats to a small shelter. "Hey... Do you wanna get some ice cream...?" Grian silently nodded. "Sure...." Scar's ear twitched and an idea came to mind. Without saying a thing, Scar picked Grian up bridal style and started to carry him toward the ice cream place that was close by. "S-SCAR!!! PU-PUT ME DOWN!!!" Scar quietly hummed, "Hmm... No~" 

Scar looked down at Grians face, which was as red as the sweater he was wearing, which just made Scar laugh. After some walking, the pair were at the Ice Cream Shop. Scar gently set Grian back down on his feet. "Geezes... How freaking strong are you??" Scar just shrugged in response. Grian looked over to where all of the ice cream flavors were. Grian ran over to the case that was filled with all of the different kinds of flavors. Scar followed more slowly. "To be completely honest, I don't think I've ever had ice cream before..." 

Grian quickly turned to look at Scar. "I'm sorry... WHAT!?!" Scar covered his ears, "Yeah..." Grian gave a quick nod, "Ok... How about I pick a flavor and we share a cone or something like that?" Scar hummed, "That sounds good!" Grian nodded. After what felt like hours of being in the Ice Cream Shop, Grian finally picked a flavor, well two flavors. He ended up picking Chocolate and Mint. They both got one medium cup. Both cups had one scoop of Chocolate and one scoop of Mint. 

After the pair went back and forth on who would pay, Grian gave up and let Scar pay. As the two walked out, Grian seemed to be paying close attention to how Scar would react to the ice cream. Grian watched as Scar's ear twitched, then the elf's eyes lit up. "I'll take that as you like it a lot?" Scar quickly nodded and continued to stuff an entire spoonful into his mouth. Grian laughed before starting to eat his ice cream.

-Time Skip-

The pair had finished their ice cream cups and were now right outside of Scars' place. "How in the Void do you have an apartment???" Scars paused, "Oh! Um... It belongs to my parents, they let me stay here since our house became very crowded." Grian nodded, "Hmm.... Okay!" Grian quietly hummed as Scar showed him around. For the rest of the time they were there, both Scar and Grian helped each other with their homework and talked about random stuff. 

A scratching noise came from outside Scar's bedroom door. Both Grian and Scar turned their heads to look at the door. Scar quietly got up and went over to the door and opened it. A small cat ran into the room and jumped onto the bed. "You have a CAT!!??" Scar nodded as he closed the door and walked back over to Grian. "Her name Is Jellie! Though I usually just call her 'My Lady'!" Grian quietly laughed at the last part of what Scar said. Scar's face scrunched up, and he looked upset... "SORRY!! S-sorry!! I just think that you calling your cat 'My Lady' is so cute!" 

Scar's eyes widened, and soon Grian went quiet as he realized what he said. "I said that out loud..." Grians face went red and he quickly used his ear feathers on his head to hide his face. Scar just laughed. The two of them continued to talk for who knows how long. Pretty soon they just sort of passed out next to each other.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
1112 words

Anyway, if you haven't already go get something to eat/drink and get some sleep
I hope you have an amazing day/evening/night and I will see you all in the next chapter :]