Chapter #13

Eventually, after a lot of talking and laughing, Scar had to leave. The hybrid had said his goodbyes to Grian, his siblings, and Kristin. Grian looked sort of upset by Scar having to leave, but he quickly shook it off when he remembered that he needed to ask Kristin something. "U-um... Kristin?" The ravenette quietly hummed when she heard Grian call her name. "Can I ask you something? Uh... In private please." Kristin smiled, "Of course, Gri! Come on." Kristin led Grian out of the living room and to the kitchen. "What do you need to ask me?" Grian shifted a bit. "It's sort of hard to explain..." Kristin nodded, "Take your time, 'Bird'."

-After Explanation-

"Uh... I think that's it..." Grian looked up at Kristin, whose eyes had widened. "All of this happened a few weeks ago?" Grian nodded, "I don't know what's going on... First, it was getting weird flashbacks that I don't remember, then literally seeing a God with my own two eyes and watching them heal me. I... I don't like this..." Tears started to fill Grians eyes as he spoke. Kristin's face softened, and she gently pulled Grian into a hug. "Shh~ It'll be ok, I promise." A choked sob came from Grian as he tried to speak. "How will it be okay!?! I just want everything to go back to normal!" Kristin continued to calm the smaller avian in her arms.

After almost a full hour of calming Grian, Kristin finally spoke, "Come with me, I wanna show you something." Grian gave her a slightly confused look but nodded as she started to lead the way to the roof of the house.

-Time Skip-

The two stood on the roof looking out over the entire city. "Um... W-why are we up here?" Kristin smiled, "There is no need to be frightened, I just need to show you something." Kristin moved away from Grians side so then she was standing in front of the other avian. Grian watched as dark smoke surrounded Kristin. After a few seconds, the smoke disappeared, but instead of Kristin standing there, the Goddess of Death and Darkness stood in front of him. Grians eyes widened as he stared up at the Goddess.

"K-Kristin?" The Goddess smiled, "Yes, Grian?" It felt as though all of the air left Grians lungs when the Goddess said his name. "Y-you're actually Kristin!?!" The taller one nodded, "Yes, I am! Now would you like me to turn back to normal? Or maybe you just want me to shrink down a bit?" Grian's wing twitched, "Um... I guess shrink down..." The same dark smoke surrounded Kristin and when it was gone, she was back to her normal height. "Does Philza know...?" Kristin nodded, "Yes, yes he does." Grian quietly hummed. "Question. Do you know the God of Eternal Life?" Kristin paused for a moment, her wings extending out a bit as she thought. "Yes, I do. I have had a few run-ins with him every once and a while." Grian looked down at the ground, "Do have any idea why he helped me?" Kristin leaned her head on her hand, "As a matter of fact I do!" Before she was able to say anything else, someone appeared right in front of Kristin. "Don't you dare say anything about why I am here!"

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
561 words

If you haven't already, go get something to eat/drink and go get some sleep
I hope you all have a marvelous day/evening/night and I will see you all in the next chapter :]