Chapter #15

Grian quietly groaned as he opened his eyes. He slowly pushed themself up so then he was sitting in his bed instead of lying down. How the hell... Grian looked around his room. Why did his eyes feel weird? I mean, everything seemed to be fine, but then again, they didn't really have a mirror in front of them to actually tell if everything was fine. Reluctantly, Grian stood up and went to the upstairs bathroom, which was thankfully empty. The avian looked in the mirror and as soon as he saw himself, their whole body froze.

From what Grian saw of himself, the tips of his hair were a dark purple, some parts of his skin had turned pitch black and in that darkness were many small glowing eyes, and his actual eyes, instead of being blue/brown, were completely black. The only part that wasn't black was his irises, which were a bright purple color. What the hell is happening!?! Tears started to fill Grians eyes. But... The tears weren't clear... They were a dark purple-like color. More dark-colored tears filled the avian's eyes.

After making sure no one was in the hallway, Grian ran to his room and closed/locked the door. Grians eyes made their way over to the necklace that belonged to his mother. Hesitantly, Grian reached over and grabbed it. They slowly put it on their neck. He then curled himself into a ball, wrapping his wings around himself as he did so. Grians wings twitched a bit when he heard something appear. He slowly looked up at what was now in his room. It was The God of Eternal Life, aka Scar.

"Why are you here...?" Grian's voice was barely even higher than a whisper as he spoke. Scar's tail twitched as he turned into his mortal form. "You put on the necklace... When you did, an overwhelming feeling of sadness took over my body... I wanted to make sure you were alright..." Grian shook his head, "Please leave..." Scar sighted, "Both you and I know that I can't do that, Songbird..." More tears filled Grians eyes, "D-don't call me that...!" Scar stared at Grian before quietly walking over to them. The taller sat down in front of Grian, who hesitantly hugged Scar. The God of Eternal Life gently rubbed circles in the avian's back, trying to help calm down the shorter.

-Time Skip-

Grian slowly opened his eyes, wincing a bit when the sunlight from outside hit his eyes. The avian quickly realized that he wasn't in his bed and was instead cuddling something. Grian slightly looked up to see Scar, who was starting to wake up because of Grian shifting. Grians face turned beet red and, as Scar was opening his eyes, Grian pretended that he was still asleep.

Scar groaned as he stretched a bit, being careful not to wake up the avian on top of him. Speaking of which... "Gri...? Are you up, Songbird...?" Grian shifted a bit as Scar spoke. They heard the taller God laugh as they snuggled closer to Scar. Grian quietly muttered something into Scar's neck. "I don't want to get up yet..." Scar ran his hand through Grians hair. "As much as I would love to stay like this, both you and I need to get up. I mean, other than Kristin, no one else knows that I am here." Grian whined, pushing his face deeper into Scar's neck, which made Scar's face turn beet red. "G-Gri...!"

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
587 words

If you haven't already, go get something to eat/drink and go get some sleep
I hope you all have a marvelous day/evening/night and I will see you all in the next chapter :]