Chapter #9

TW: Assault (or something like that) and Mention of blood

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The person eventually stopped laughing before looking directly at Grian. The avian froze under the stare of the taller. The person disappeared from where they stood. Grian hesitantly started to leave the ally. What in the Void just happened?!? Was that actually the God of Eternal Life?? Did that actually happen or am I just imagining things? Grian shook his head. N-no... I have to be imagining things! I... I HAVE to be....! 

Grian barely even noticed that he was back home. He only did when he heard the faint sound of glass breaking and two people arguing. Grian stopped in front of the front door. He took a deep breath in and then out before opening the door and walking inside. Inside the living room were Pearl and their father. Grian had no idea what they were arguing about this time but to be completely honest, he didn't want to know... Grian started to walk towards his room when he heard his sister. 

"GRIAN!!! Oh, thank the Gods you are okay!!" Pearl ran over and hugged the shorter. "Where have you been!?!" Grian paused for a moment. "Um... I was with, uh, Scar..." Pearl let out a sigh, but then they heard their father speak up. "Who the FUCK is Scar!?!" Pearl whipped her head around to stare at their father. "None of your business, DIP-SHIT!!" Grian and Pearl's father grabbed an empty bottle of alcohol and threw it at the twins. The bottle flew passed the pair, as they had both dodged it and shattered on the wall. Grian let out a yelp as a few of the larger pieces of glass became lodged into Grian's legs. 

Pearl quickly pulled Grian into the upstairs bathroom. As Pear was grabbing the first-aid kit, Grian watched as the pieces of glass disappeared from his legs and the bloody wounds started to heal. When Pearl turned around, she saw what happened. "How did..." While Pearl looked very confused, Grian looked amazed. Is... Is the God looking after me? Grian couldn't help but smile. "Gri...? Why are you smiling? How-" Grian cut her off and explained what had happened earlier that day. When he finished, Pearl looked just as amazed as Grian had looked only a few seconds before. "Well... At least someone's looking after you, huh?" Grian quietly laughed, "Yeah... You got a point there..."

-A Few Days Later-

Weird things have started to happen recently. Grian has been having these rather odd dreams. These dreams usually consisted of Grian as a God. He saw the God of Eternal Life a lot in his dreams as well. Grian was also starting to get flashbacks to when he was younger when his Mom was still alive. Those flashbacks were usually of his Mother telling him stories of two different Gods, one of them being the God of Eternal Life. Pearl had started to notice that whenever Grian had one of these flashbacks, Grian's eyes would turn a dark purple and they would slightly glow as well. Neither Grian nor Pearl knew what was going on. Grian let out a small sigh. Philza and his wife Kristin, along with their kids, were finally going to be coming home this week. Maybe Grian could ask Philza and Kristin if they have any idea what's going on. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
565 words

Anyway, if you haven't already go get something to eat/drink and get some sleep
I hope you have an amazing day/evening/night and I will see you all in the next one-shot :]