Chapter #18

Grian felt himself get shaken awake, "Gri, you need to get up, it's Monday!" Grian's eyes slowly fluttered open, "Ugh... Five more minutes..." A quiet sigh came from Pearl. Grian let out a yelp as he felt one of his legs get grabbed. Peal continued to drag a half-asleep Grian into the hallway. "Pearl! Be nice to Grian!" Grian quietly hummed as a small thanks to Kristin and Perl dropped Grians leg.

The shorter avian pushed himself off of the ground, walking back into his room to get changed. After pulling on his shirt, he paused. For some reason, he had a bad feeling about today, he felt like he should hide his avian features... A loud knock came from Grian's door. "Hurry up, or we're gonna be late!!" Grian slightly shook his head, but he did end up hiding his feathered features.

Grian brushed his hair in a way that sat over his ear feathers, tucked his tail feathers into his pants, and, after grabbing a binder-like piece of clothing and pulling it over his chest and wings, changed his shirt, as the other had holes cut into the back of it.

He quietly walked out of his room and down the stairs. Pearl let out a slightly confused chirp. "Gri? You alright? Why are you hiding your-" Grian quickly left the house, not wanting to answer any questions Pearl had.

As he got closer to the school, Grian still couldn't shake the bad feeling. "Grian!" The small avian paused, looking behind him to see Scar trying to catch up with him. Grian let out a small chirp-like laugh as Scar struggled to catch his breath. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, Darling..." Grians face instantly went beet-red, "S-shut up..." Scar laughed a bit, but he soon noticed that Grian was hiding his avian features. Grian realized that Scar had noticed, and he quickly became uncomfortable.

"My Dear, are you alright?" Concern dripped from Scar's voice. Grian just looked away, starting to continue towards the school. Scar quickly caught up with Grian, "Gri?" Grian just shook his head, again, not wanting to answer any questions. Scar thankfully understood this and did not say anything else about it. Instead, Scar started to on and on about a show that he found. Grain thinks Scar said something about "Star Wars", but didn't question it and just let Scar ramble on and on about it. To be completely honest, Grian thought that it was kinda cute...

/////////////////////////////////////////
419 words

If you haven't already, go get something to eat/drink and get sleep
Anyways, I hope you all have a marvelous day/night/evening and I will see you in the next chapter :]