The deal

I waited for James for a long time that night, but he never came. I was even pretty upset about it. But she let her hair down, changed into just a nightgown and went to bed. Although sleep did not come. I was reading one of the novelists previously unknown to me when I heard a knock on the door.
- Come in.- I shouted, putting the book away and getting out of bed.
- Isn't it too late? James asked carefully as he entered the room.
- No, - I shook my head and smiled, - I was looking for you.
- Yes, William said. He smiled too, and then pointed his head at the bed.- Can I sit down?
- Yes, of course.- For some reason I got excited and sat down on the bed, pointing to the place next to me.
It was obvious from James that he was slightly embarrassed by both my appearance and the time at which I called him to me. However, to be honest, it didn't bother me at all.
- In general, I really should apologize to you, - I turned to face him and looked into those beautiful blue eyes for a second, - you understand, it's all so pressing on me. But I'll get used to it, really, even though I still can't get along with the idea that vampires are real, and I can be a witch.
- I understand, Emma. He exhaled.- It must be hard.
- Yes, but I really shouldn't have snapped at you and, ahem, sorry for the provocation.- I was embarrassed and lowered my eyes to the floor.
- It's alright, you know I wouldn't.- He began.
- Yes, I know. I interrupted him again.- In general, I won't do it anymore, really. I'm adapting. I don't want to quarrel with you. You're the only one here I really want to be friends with.- After these words, my heart started pounding. I really said that, but I don't just want to be friends with him, I'm sure of that.
- You don't have to force yourself, Emma. - The vampire smiled slightly.- If something confuses you about my behavior or lifestyle, then you should not keep your mouth shut. Tell me about it, it will make you feel better. Just, uh, not like you did today, deal? - He looked into my eyes.
- Yes, of course. - I chuckled a little.- thanks.- With these words, I almost automatically snuggled up to the vampire, hugging him. I wanted to do it so much that I didn't stop myself.
James, on the other hand, seemed lost at first, but then he put his hand on my back, slightly hugging me in response. Then he smiled broadly, wished me good night and left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts again.
I could only think about why the fuck I did it. That I shouldn't have been in such a hurry and that I embarrassed James with my behavior. Yeah, I would have sucked him in... although, to be honest, I wanted to.
In the morning of the next day, as usual, I was going to go down for breakfast. James met me on the stairs, he smiled politely and waved me forward. At the end of the stairs, I turned to look at him, probably to say something, but only a wide smile came out of me. The vampire smiled back. An awkward moment...
However, when I entered this unfortunate dining room, I again saw something that knocked me out of the rut. William was waiting for us, victoriously putting his hand on the back of the chair on which the tied girl was sitting. She wasn't exactly scared. Rather, her face expressed rage. Her dark blue dress, it seems, was slightly stained with blood, her small red curls were rather disheveled, and amber-colored eyes looked at us from under light red eyebrows brought together. Her body, arms, legs, even her mouth, were tied with ropes.
- Do you remember what we talked about, James? - I turned my head to look at the vampire, and then looked back at the overly pleased William.- So, this confuses me, I'm talking about it directly.
- Me too, to be honest. - The man was no less puzzled than I was.
- What the fuck is this? - I asked expressively.
- This, Emma,- said the same cold voice of William, who, apparently, had recently got up, and now came down the stairs, dressed only in a shirt, trousers and boots.- This is your key to getting back.
- And why is this "key", - I very theatrically showed the quotation marks, - tied up?
- Because he actively resisted. William replied smugly.- But still, a 300-year-old vampire is a little stronger than a little witch. What do you say, huh?" he quipped and with a light movement freed the captive's mouth from the ropes.
- Go to hell, vampire. She hissed.- You were just lucky, attacked from behind... scumbag.
- In war, all means are good. - Taylor smiled, winking at her.
- Can you untie her?- I finally managed to say something.
- Then the whole house will blow up, no. Edward replied sternly.
- Is it for her soul that your ghoul dragged me here? - The witch asked angrily, without taking her eyes off me.
- You could say that. - Edward gasped.
- Do with me whatever you want, I will only talk to her. Either get lost, or you can kill me.- She persisted.
- I like the second option more. William said through his teeth.
- No, - I loudly interrupted the growing conflict, - everything is fine. Leave us. You'll still be able to hear us.
- Are you sure, Emma?-  James asked, who had been standing behind me the whole time.
- Yes, I'm sure, - I turned around at him for a second, - everything is really fine.
After exchanging glances, all three vampires left the room, leaving the girl and me alone on a chair.
- Witches shouldn't trust vampires at all.- She began.- They will only use and kill. They are not capable of more.- The witch said loudly on purpose so that my roommates would probably hear her.
- Listen..., um...?- I started, but realized that I didn't know her name.
- Esther.
- Esther,- I repeated, -I accidentally read a spell that sent me here from the distant future. I obviously don't like it here very much. I just want to go home.
- And you didn't know about your abilities?- Esther arched one eyebrow.
- No, not at all. I shook my head.
- You're a strange witch.- the redhead concluded on an exhale. - I don't feel the magic from you that I feel from my kind here. 
- Maybe then you can help me, huh? - I asked hopefully.- At the same time, you will learn about the powers of the witches of the future.
- I can't do that. she shook her head.- But I can only bring it to someone who would be interested. Tomorrow she will be at my house at 5 pm. Your ghouls know where it is.
- Oh, thank you! - I began.
- And no vampires in my house! Don't you dare bring them with you.-  Esther interrupted me.
I agreed and untied the witch, even though the three vampires were extremely against it. The red-haired woman left the house, having looked at William extremely contemptuously before that. But knowing him, I wasn't surprised. Most importantly, we had a plan. And I had an appointment with the witches.
- Do you remember the terms of the contract?- Edward very unexpectedly took my arm and asked it in my ear.
I turned my head and saw an extremely tense Jamie, who didn't seem to know what to do, so he just stared at us.
- Yes, Edward,- I exhaled, - I remember that, if anything happens, you will kill me in an extremely violent way, and I have no doubt about it. But I'm not going to have a witch revolution here. I don't care about your wars. I just want to go home. Since I promised and trust you, I'm definitely on your side.
- I remind you once again, you should not forget about this. - The older vampire shook his head.
- I won't forget.- I shook my head in response.
Then, with a polite smile, she finally left the room. Taking James by the arm, I led him outside. I had to take a little walk after the incident...