Reunion

I opened my eyes and found myself in some strange dark and cramped room. At first I had time to panic, thinking that this spell had thrown me into some kind of purgatory, but I quickly realized that there was a door opposite me. Pulling the handle, I went out into a white corridor with beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows. I must have accidentally ended up in the office.
Frantically pulling out my phone, which had been lying quietly in the back pocket of my jeans all this time, I looked at the date - September 24, 2023. The same day that I went to that ill-fated museum, strange.
I came out of what turned out to be a small gallery, which is now located on the site of the very house of vampires in which I spent this month. The sun was shining on the street, people were walking quietly, cars were driving. There is no evidence that I caused a worldwide apocalypse by handing the book to vampires. For the sake of interest, I went to the alley where the museum of witchcraft was located before, but I saw a coffee shop in the windows instead. After all, the Bishop family didn't get the book anymore, the Harts took care of it. Oh my God, the Harts...
I realized with horror that I had left the earrings that I promised never to take off in Jamie's room, it could upset him. And where is Jamie anyway? And how to find them?
Oh, that was terrible. I almost ran to my apartment, wondering if I would find anything about them on the Internet. But, to be honest, I was ready to knock on at least every house in London, if necessary.
Having already reached my small townhouse, I stared at the mailbox attached to my green front door. Looking inside, I exhaled with relief. In my hands was an envelope from Edward Garrett Sorley-Hart. Quickly unpacking the letter, I saw a small note:
"We remember you, Emma. You can contact this address if you suddenly need something.
Sincerely, E. Sorley."
Then the London address was written, it seems that it was somewhere in Hampstead. And I decided that I would not torment myself with expectations, and I would go there today.
I ran into my townhouse and immediately jumped into the shower. Such a pleasure was the opportunity to take it, after a month of washing  hair in standing water and with no shampoo. So, I washed and dried my wheat curls, finally put on makeup, my favorite clean jeans, a pink pullover, and finally pulled on the sneakers I had been dreaming about all this time. However, I couldn't stand being at home anymore, I had to see James. So, calling Uber, I literally rushed out into the street.
Already in the car, I was looking at my beloved London through the window. It has changed so much, I missed these views so bad and did not hope to see the city like this again. However, when the end of the trip was less than five minutes away and we had already entered the beautiful, but infernally expensive Hampstead, my knees began to shake. Will James remember me? He promised, yes, but in such a huge amount of time we can all change. Is he alive...
In any case, deciding not to wind myself up ahead of time, I got out of the car and hesitated a little near the beautiful wooden door of a three-story townhouse made of white stone. But, having overcome myself, I still rang the doorbell and tried not to run away from the excitement.
- Hello. - The girl who opened the door smiled at me.
Her dark brown eyes looked at me amiably. The stranger had olive-colored skin, and small Afro-curls, which she left loose. She was wearing loose jeans, white sneakers and a light blue cropped cardigan, the color of which perfectly matched the small blue arrows on her eyes
- Oh, do I know you? - She asked, apparently feeling the very connection that James and I had created.
- No,- I shook my head, trying to look inside, - can I talk to Edward Sorley? Does he live here?
- Emma! - I heard a familiar voice. - Good to see you, come on in. - Sorley seemed to smile at me sincerely as he came down the stairs.
He has hardly changed in these 5 hundred years, but now the vampire wears classic suits, shaves clean, wears a short haircut and does not go with an earring in his ear.
- Edward, hello! - I also smiled sincerely. - I was so hoping I'd find you.
- Well, come on, you can hug me! - He grinned in response to my outstretched hand.
And I hugged the eldest of the vampires with such pleasure, could I have thought that I would allow myself this a couple of days ago?
- Are you Emma? - The girl who opened the door to me was surprised.
- Oh, right, Emma, this is a new member of our family for you, Rosa Juano. - Edward introduced the vampire.
- I'm very pleased, but James will kill me if I don't call him right now. - Rose nodded her head, and then went into another room, dialing a number on the phone.
- James? - My heart started beating faster. - He remembers me, how is he?
- I've only been here a couple of years, but even I've heard a hundred things about you. - A woman's voice was heard behind me.
Turning around, I saw a tall and very thin girl with long light brown hair, bangs that reached her eyebrows, and large amber eyes. She was dressed in a simple short floral sundress of brown color, under which a black turtleneck, black tights and chelsea leather shoes of the same color were visible.
- Debbie Crixton,- she came up to me, shaking my hand, - I'm with Rose.
- Yes, another witch. - Edward smiled politely.
- Oh, Gods, did I hear right? - I turned to the annoying source of the voice with a smile from ear to ear.
- William! - I almost screamed and literally ran up to the vampire, wrapping him in my arms.
Surprisingly, he did not pull away, but only pressed me to him, while kissing the top of my head. It seems that someone has changed during this time.
I looked him up and down: outwardly he is still the same, the same hairstyle with brown curls, the same emerald eyes, only now he has changed from cotton pants to jeans, a caftan to a black jumper from GANT, and leather boots to black desserts.
- Good to see you. - He winked at me and patted me lightly on the head, making me laugh.
- Me too. - I nodded. - And I promised I'd bother you again.
- Well, thank God for it. - He smiled. - James would be lost without you.
I wanted to ask a lot more questions about this statement, but I was prevented from doing so by a soft female voice, which I initially confused with Marisol, however, when I saw its owner, I realized that it was not her. A beautiful girl dressed in a loose white shirt, straight blue jeans and black Chanel ballet flats gracefully descended the stairs. Her dark brown hair was beautifully curled into neat curls, and silver jewelry from the same Chanel was on her ears, arms and neck. She looked at me with her coffee eyes, which were perfectly applied nude makeup.
- Did I miss something big again? - She smiled as she came downstairs.- I hope you won't remember it to me, like that New Year in the 26th year.
- Emma, this is Lucille. - Edward smiled sincerely, looking at the vampire.
And only now, when they were standing next to each other, I felt what the others seemed to feel from James and me. This invisible connection. You can only feel it. They seemed to radiate the same energy.
- Oh, my God! - I exclaimed. - So you're married?
- Already, hmm, - Lucille thought, - since 1789. I should improve my math. - She laughed.
- 234 years and 4 months. - Edward smiled even wider and lightly kissed his wife on the cheek.
I smiled even harder. The vampire showed how happy he was, how much he loved and admired his wife. He definitely deserves it.
- And Lucille is usually late for all important events, and in 1926 she missed the New Year in Paris altogether, having missed the ferry. - William clarified, leaning against the wall and folding his arms on his chest.
- Oh, William! - Lucille waved her hand at him. - Emma, right? I am pleased. - She smiled at me with a very sweet and polite smile.
- So, James will be here in about 15 minutes, he has already left. - said Rose, passing to us in the corridor.
- Why doesn't he just run over to us? - Taylor asked.
- Well, Will, - the girl looked at him, and then at me, - he wants to make an impression, of course.
- Well, what about our guest, standing here for 15 minutes? Emma, come on in. - Lucille, as the hostess of the house, took me by the shoulders and led me out to the large living room. - Tea, coffee? What will you have?
And we, all six of us, were sitting in a large hall on expensive fabric sofas of milky color. There was a polished herringbone parquet on the floor and a brown Turkish carpet. On the white walls, decorated with stucco, hung works of modern art. A fireplace in a modern style was lit in front of us. The housekeeper brought me, William and Rosa a cup of Brazilian coffee with milk, and we sat chatting pleasantly for a while. It felt almost like a family get-together, a surprisingly pleasant and unexpected feeling.
I managed to find out that Rose and Debbie were dating relatively recently, but she had already moved in with the Hart family, and that Rose was converted just a few years after they left London with a book, and that William had just returned from his little "Euro Tour", a spree of solitary vacations, to which he was released with a creak by Collen.
However, all my attention shifted when I heard the sound of the front door opening. I jumped up from the sofa, almost knocking over my cup on the expensive lacquered wood coffee table. Almost running into the hallway, I stopped. This is James... almost the same, only completely different.
He was still tall, but now he was wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt, a leather jacket and rough boots. All sorts of rings and, it seems, tattoos were visible on his hands. His once-long red curls were now cropped short, and a week's worth of stubble was in place of his beard. But it was him, the same man with the same blue eyes looking right at me. He spread his arms wide, laughing, and I almost jumped into his arms with a run. Jamie hugged me to him as tightly as possible, and, lifting me off the ground, spun me around a little.
- Hi, Emma. - He smiled and put his hand on my cheek. - I missed you.
- me too. - I smiled back, almost dropping a tear.
- I have so much to show you, let's go. - He said enthusiastically, taking my hand.
- And the others? - I turned to see the vampires and the witch watching us intently.
- Don't worry about us, - Edward nodded. - We're here.
And we went out into the street, where a black vintage Aston Martin, 1960's, was waiting for us.
- And I always imagined you like this. - I looked at him as we drove through the streets to Crazy Little Things Called love by Queen.
- How? - He looked at me for a second with his beautiful blue eyes.
- A cool rocker with tattoos, though in my dreams you were on a bike. - I tried to play off my disappointment theatrically.
- I have a Harley too. - James laughed. - I'll show it to you.
- Ambiguous.- I laughed back. - But I agree to both options.