Getting the dress

After this little walk and an unexpected offer for me, I went to James. We spent a wonderful evening and a wonderful night together, and waking up in the morning among soft cotton sheets and not finding a man next to me, I went down to the kitchen, only to find him standing with a satisfied face, handing me fresh rolls and a glass of coffee from the nearest bakery.
- Oh, - I broke into a smile, - you need to be careful, otherwise I'll get used to this and it will be difficult to get out of it.
- It's fine. - Jamie smiled back. - I'm ready for this.
- By the way, Rosa wanted to take you to look for a dress for the memorial ball. Edward called you, didn't he? - The vampire asked. - There are their own habits and she wanted to help you choose an outfit for which you, well, will not be pecked.
- Oh, a toxic community of rich bloodsuckers, - I sipped my coffee, - I understand. But why didn't she call me directly? Add me to your family vampire chat...
- Okay. - Jamie chuckled.
- Won't Lucille come with us? - I asked, breaking off a piece from a small curl with cinnamon.
- Oh, no. Lucille buys dresses only in her native France and much in advance. - The man replied. - It's very important to her.
- She's cool. - I shook my head. - Can you be a little gossip girl and tell me how they got together?
- Oh, haha, if you're really interested...
- Of course yes! - I interrupted him.
- Okay, - Jamie smiled, - well, sometime in the early 19th century, probably before the Napoleonic Wars, we were visiting one of Collin's old friends in Paris. He continued to convince us that France was the best country in Europe and could not be compared to England, and as proof he dragged us to receptions, theaters and exhibitions. And so, at one of the operas on the balcony, Edward saw Lucille. You know, you can't tell from him, but he's still a romantic. I watched how he resisted his feelings, but they continued to collide everywhere until he finally spoke to her. It turned out that she was the daughter of a local official, super rich, educated, but, unfortunately, she had already been promised to another. And so, having fallen in love with him, she invited him to run away together. He, apparently losing his head from love, decided to tell her about who he was in order to push her away, but instead she forced him to turn her into a vampire, because otherwise she threatened to end her life in front of his eyes.
- Wow. - I froze in place, comprehending this story. - This is nothing compared to the novels of Jane Austen. I would like to write books for all of you.
- Come on.- The man shook his head. - There are so many vampires in the world whose stories make your head spin. There's nothing special about ours.
- Well, don't tell me. - I sipped my coffee again. - And you're all such romantics, I see. Even William has become more... bearable.
- Well, it should be noted, you and even asshole William got along well. I admit, I was even jealous of him.
- Really? - I grinned.
- Yes, and I was jealous, and I was afraid that he would eat you. - The vampire pursed his lips.
- Did he want to? - I asked. - Although that it's him, of course.
- Well, then it's time to ask that very question. - I continued.
- Oh, bloody hell, those questions of yours. - James smiled and shook his head.
- Yeah, - I shook my head, putting the coffee aside, - then why did you stop in front of me anyway and help? Is it because I'm a witch?
- Well, I could be Mr. Darcy and say it was love at first sight, but you were just different.  The vampire shrugged. - You looked strange, smelled nice, even though were all smeared in dirt, and you also sat so lost. Well, the fact that you're a witch, of course, interested me too, but that wasn't the deciding factor.
- Why didn't you eat me the first night? -  I narrowed my eyes.
- Sometimes you awaken feelings much more interesting than hunger. - James winked at me.
- It turns out that if vampires spent a little time with people, they would become vegetarians. - I chuckled out loud.
- Not always. - The man shook his head. - When communicating with some people, I want to start a genocide.
Immediately after this contradictory phrase, a car horn was heard on the street. Looking out of the window, I saw a cute white mini Cooper. Rosa was driving. Smiling, she very enthusiastically gestured for me to get into her car. And, hastily changing my clothes and kissing James goodbye, I went outside.
- Did you order an Uber? - The girl smiled and, slightly lowering her pink sunglasses, winked at me.
Today she looked like she had run away from the filming of the Mean Girls reboot. She was wearing a fitted powdery pink cardigan, a knee-length denim skirt, and white New Balance 530 vintage-style shoes were visible on her legs. Her dark curls were gathered into a ponytail that stuck out from under a white baseball cap. And on her ears, like any self-respecting Regina George, she had silver hoop earrings.
- Hello. - I smiled and, after examining my baggy jeans, ugg boots and a gray hoodie, promised myself to dress more stylishly when vampires are around.
- Where are we going? - I asked, looking out the window.
- On Oxford Street, in this society it is impossible not to appear in branded clothes. - The girl shrugged her shoulders. - Believe me, you will need the help of a psychologist after this toxic club.
- I see. - I exhaled. - Will Marisol be there?
- Pfft, of course. - Rose exhaled. - Where are we without her...
- What happened between you? - I smiled. - Or it's better not to ask vampires about such things? 
- It's better not to ask if you don't want to spend the next 3 hours listening to long stories. But I will answer you briefly: we, as it were, slept together before I was turned into a vampire and this was followed by a series of misunderstandings, because of which we now do not really like each other's company. - The vampire replied.
- Ah, sorry.- I grinned. - You know, I even liked her.
- No, it's not worth it.  Rose shook her head. - And I'm not telling you that as her ex: you should stay away from Marisol. You know, vampires eventually either become sympathetic to people, or stop perceiving them as living beings at all. So, she's the kind that would kill anyone without a doubt, just because she wants to.
- An interesting family evening is planned. - I exhaled heavily.
- Oh, no, no, believe me, everything will be cool. - The girl looked at me. - It's safe with our part of the family. I wouldn't have brought Debbie to Edward's house if I didn't trust them. Yes, vampires are to be feared, but we can definitely be trusted. Especially since James is with you. I, you know, I shouldn't say this, but he's been living with the constant thought of you all this time. And now that you're here, he even looks different. - Rose smiled.
- It would be nice if his constant thoughts about me would not lead to my idealization. So he can easily be disappointed. - I tensed up.
- He's not someone who will lose his head from love, definitely not.-  She shook her head. - As long as I've known Jamie, he always keeps a cool mind and reads people very accurately. It's not so easy for him to live his dreams.
- I thought the same about Edward, but he still lost his head with Lucille. - I replied.
- But everything turned out to be cool with them. - Rose shrugged her shoulders. - It's time for me to shut up, I think we'll listen to Ed Sheeran, huh? - She smiled awkwardly, and, pressing the button, turned on Take me back to London.
Finally we arrived at the incredibly busy and full of different shops Oxford Street. I've always avoided going shopping, always preferring to shop online, but Rose seemed to like it all.
- Richard James, Oliver Spencer, Vivienne Westwood. - She read aloud the names of the shops.
- Well, just like in the Pretty Woman. - I looked around.
- Don't worry, not how. If they kick us out, I'll bite them.  The vampire laughed and winked at me again.
- Oh, no, it's the the Devil Wears Prada. - I looked ahead. - You were the one who called him?
- He usually calls himself. - Rose exhaled.
William appeared on the horizon, dressed in a dark blue sweater, straight black trousers and the same color leather Chelsea. He was holding three cups of coffee in his hands and was walking towards us with a confident step.
- We need to make sure that you don't buy some shit and embarrass us in front of the rest of the family. - The guy smiled, handing me and Rose a glass each. - It's a cappuccino.
- Admit it, you just have nothing to do. - Rose quipped back.
- One hundred percent. - I supported. - But thanks for the coffee, You even thought of it yourself and bought it.
- I just don't like being due, you bought it last time. - William shrugged and sipped his drink.
- God, if you feel like you're due for a cup of coffee, then I'm afraid to imagine your past relationships...- I chuckled.
- Let's go already. - The vampire rolled his eyes.
So, we walked through a huge variety of insanely expensive boutiques with world-famous names, in which I felt incredibly uncomfortable. Rose and William, on the other hand, tried on outfit after outfit, put off the ones they liked, and happily treated themselves to free champagne. That's what it means to have money in bank accounts...
Finally, we reached the end of the street and I saw a lovely second-hand clothing store. Something like a second-hand high-price segment, with branded items, but lower prices for them.
At first, the vampires were as critical as possible, but when I first tried on a long chiffon combination dress of scarlet from Saint Laurent, and then a tight black one with a heart neckline and slumped shoulders from Vivienne Westwood, they softened. I also found there cute pumps with a square nose, trimmed with black guipure by Dior.
- We take it, without thinking! - Rose exclaimed. - Oh, and James asked me to put it on his account, so you can at least buy half of this store. - She smiled.
- Wow, - I was really surprised, - It's giving 50 Shades of Gray.
- I'm sure you will work out dresses in the spirit of 50 shades. - William smiled pleasantly.
- Oh, my God, Will, - Rose slapped him lightly on the arm.
- Oh, I'm sorry, - he rolled his eyes, - I meant that you will make love on a big fluffy carpet in front of the fireplace, like in cheap women's paperback novels.
- Oh, Taylor, - I burst out laughing, - no, you're right, as in 50 shades. How was it there? I'm not making love, am I fucking? So, this is about us, and believe me, you will hear us out!
- I'm afraid to confuse this sound with rabbits breeding in the field. - William replied smugly.
- Uh, mates! - Rose said awkwardly and turned our attention to the saleswoman standing right in front of us.
Seeing her embarrassed face, I blushed, and William laughed so much that he even had to leave the store to calm down. Yeah...