Awakeing of powers

When I woke up the next day, I packed up as usual and went downstairs. I was wearing an olive sundress with small patterns and a square neckline, as well as a white shirt. I gathered my curls into a small bun, which gave everyone a view of the earrings that James gave me. I didn't plan to take them off, as I promised him.
At the bottom I saw only Edward. He told me that our plan with Camille had failed miserably. To my frightened question about whether this was a consequence of my behavior at the ball, the vampire coldly replied: "If you didn't kill Esther, then no."
- What, Esther, how? - I didn't understand.
- Now all the suspicions have fallen on us. - Edward shrugged his shoulders.
Apparently, having heard our conversations, William and James took turns coming down from their third floor.
- It was you, wasn't it?- I folded my arms across my chest, looking at Taylor.
- What? Why me at once? - The guy was indignant. - I was busy, and why would I need it?
- And what were you doing?- I persisted.
- You don't want to know, Emma. - James chuckled.
- Oh, William, were you not alone? - Edward asked already.
- Did you bring him here? - I asked.
- Him? - William asked very loudly.
- Oh, well, for some reason I'm sure that you like, you know, knights, not ladies. - Honestly, but with a kind of mockery, I replied.
- You were wrong. - The vampire frowned. - And fuck you!
- Taylor! - James began menacingly.
- So, no quarrels! - Edward said sternly, forcing all of us to stop talking for a moment and look at him. - Emma, you'll have to pick up the book yourself, we can't help with that. And we don't know who faked Esther's death.
- But how? - I asked blankly.
- With the help of their powers ... how-how?! - William folded his arms across his chest.
- But I don't have them! - I exhaled.
- So they need to be awakened in themselves. Do it today. - Edward told me.
- And you and I, James,- the eldest of the vampires continued, - we need to go to the city. Solve the issue with a couple of witches about Camilla. She will take the book away any day now, if it goes on like this. We need to get her out of the way.
- Emma,- Jamie said to me, - can I leave you here?
- For William?- I raised an eyebrow.
- Don't make a scene, honey. - Taylor put his hand on my shoulder. - Of course you can.
- Don't do anything stupid! - James said menacingly, turning to William.
When he and Edward left, I tried to do something: move things, light a candle, put out the fire in the fireplace, but nothing came out. Sitting at the table, I put my head in my hands. Tears began to flow from my eyes, I felt so helpless. I couldn't pick up the book without my strength, and time was already running out. Another day and I may never come back.
- Hey, are you going to sleep instead of your direct duties? - William's sarcastic tone made me look up.
Oddly enough, but when he saw my tear-stained eyes, he seemed to soften a little. There was definitely a momentary surprise on his face.
- Don't you worry. - The guy continued. - That's because you were drinking yesterday like you weren't yourself. Let's go outside, after tobacco, things will obviously go better.
- Okay. - I shook my head, wiping the tears from my cheeks.
In the end, William took me out, I think, through the back door. We found ourselves on a small section of the street, surrounded on all sides by the walls of neighboring houses. 
- It's cramped here. - I stated.
- That's the thing for the victims. - William chuckled.
I ignored his joke, as it seemed to me at the time, and mentally prepared to take a drag on a cigarette and relax a little. However, instead, the vampire approached me in a split second, grabbing me by the waist.
- What are you doing? - I shouted.
Looking around, I realized that we were in a completely different place. In some prison or fort. The guy let me go, and I was able to walk around a rather large stone-lined room with small windows with bars on them.
- William, what's going on? - I turned to him with fear in my eyes. - If this is because of the assumption that you are gay, then I apologize, please, do not prove that this is not so.
A wave of panic swept over me again. My hands instantly began to shake, and tears almost appeared in my eyes. I thought that, on the whole, I could trust William now, but it seems that this is not the case.
- William, Jamie's going to kill you. - My voice was shaking.
- But Jamie's not here,- the vampire almost growled, starting to approach me, - and you're not forgiven.
I backed away, watching in wild horror as black veins appeared on the vampire's face, and his eyes began to fill with blood. I ran into a wall, I had nowhere else to run...
When William was at arm's length from me, I held out my palm, motioning him not to approach. But something inexplicable happened: an incomprehensible force seemed to grab the guy and push him back, so that he flew back into the wall opposite me and slid down it.
- How did you do that? - William asked, brushing himself off.
- I... I don't know. - I looked at my palms, not understanding anything at all.
-Do it again. - The vampire demanded.
- I can't. - I shook my head with tears in my eyes.
- Stop fucking crying. - The vampire shouted angrily, flying up to me in a second. - Do it again, I'm in front of you.
In response to this, I only cried harder. Either from fear, or from shock. Suddenly my right cheek lit up. William slapped me in the face...
- I said stop crying. - He continued just as angrily.
- Did you hit me? - I shouted, holding my cheek.
- And I'll do it again if you don't stop me! - The vampire said.
- William, please! - I shouted, choking with tears.
The next thing I felt was a hellish pain all over my body. Taylor pushed me, and I hit the stone floor hard.
- William, - a wheeze escaped from my mouth, - stop it, please, you hurt me.
- Get up. - The vampire said coldly, standing over me.
I tried, but immediately collapsed back. Terrible pain in my elbow and ribs prevented me from getting up.
- I can't. - I croaked again.
In a second I was on my feet. William was holding me by the shoulders, glaring at me with bloodshot eyes.
- Come on,- he said through gritted teeth, - hit back.
- Leave me alone! - I shouted angrily as loudly as I could, while trying to remove his hands from me.
However, apparently, because of my gesture, the vampire jumped back again, hitting the wall with more force. I looked at my hands again, realizing what needed to be done. I raised my palm, while also lifting William into the air. With one swing, I slammed him against another wall again. He slid down and coughed. And I, following him, collapsed on the stone floor, hitting him with my hip.
- I can't defend myself anymore, William. - I croaked. - I don't have the strength.
- But have you figured out how to do it? - The vampire croaked in response.
- The court seems to be yes, thank you. - I coughed and was horrified to see blood on my palm. - But you seem to have broken my ribs.
- I'm sorry. - The guy answered dryly.
- I know you're not. - I shook my head.
- Why won't you heal? - I noticed that the vampire seems to be as bad as me.
- I haven't eaten for a long time,- he answered with difficulty.
- Oh, my God. - I exhaled, struggling to my feet.
Finally, I crawled to him, kneeling down.
- Give me the blade.- I held out my hand.
- Why?- The vampire asked hoarsely.
- So you can eat and get us out of here.- I replied calmly.
- I could just bite through your wrist.- William arched an eyebrow.
- The hell I'm going to let you bite me.-  I coughed again. - Come on quickly.
The vampire reached into the inside pocket of his caftan, wincing at the pain. When he handed me a small knife, I rolled up my shirt sleeve, making an incision just above the wrist.
- Don't make me regret it, please. - I looked into his emerald-colored eyes. - I'm serious.
- I won't make you. - The vampire nodded and pressed his lips to my hand.
- Well, that's enough. - I whimpered after a couple of seconds. - You're robbing me of my last strength.
- I'm sorry. - William replied, wiping the blood from his lips. He felt noticeably better.
He jumped to his feet in a second, while lifting me up with him.
- Not under the ribs, please. - I moaned when the guy tried to lift me up.
-  Fine - The vampire gently took me in his arms. - Hold on.
And we were back in the living room of our house. William let me down on the floor and, holding on to the wall, I danced to my feet.
- Emma! - I heard James' worried voice.
The red-haired vampire was in front of me in a second, picking me up. Now I was leaning against his chest.
- What did you do, Taylor?- The man shouted. - It's not enough to kill you!
- No, wait. - I croaked. - He had a plan and it worked. And yes, William, thank you.
- Glad to help. - The guy nodded.
- What did he do to you?- James looked at me anxiously with his blue eyes.
- Dropped me on the floor once. - I replied, although my eyes were already focusing badly. - But, by the way, I hit him against the wall myself... on my own.
- Well, good for you. - Jamie smiled. - Come here.
The man bit through his wrist, allowing me to drink some of his blood. However, my strength was already leaving me. The last thing I did before I passed out was to ask Jamie not to do anything with William. And then everything I saw was the darkness...