The hunting house

However, we didn't hear any piercing screams at night, and well, I would have gone crazy. In the morning, emboldened, I allowed James to go downstairs without me to buy some time to clean up. I didn't want to walk around Tudor Castle in sweatpants and a sloppy bun. So I washed my face, put on light makeup, put on jeans, a blue turtleneck and ugg boots of the Tasman Slipper model. And I put my curls in a neat high ponytail.
I carefully went downstairs, still a little afraid of the situation and hoping not to meet anyone on my way. Although, I got a little lost in the castle, so I still wanted to meet someone from the employees.
- Good morning. - A deep voice came from behind me. Of course, this could only happen to me...
- Morning. - I slowly turned around, meeting the eyes of the owner of the castle.
Today he was not dressed so formally: a loose black shirt with rolled-up sleeves, which gave everyone a view of his, it seems, rolexes, classic straight trousers of the same color and dark gray loafers.
- I'm sorry, I didn't have time to talk to you personally. - He continued to look me straight in the eye. - I hope you didn't feel left out at dinner.
- No, no, everything is great. - I rattled off and was embarrassed, which caused him a slight grin. - Everything is fine, in general. - I said a little lower and slowly.
- Great. - The vampire shook his head. - The ball is only tomorrow, so I gave James the keys to my hunting lodge so that he could show you our beautiful places. - He thought about it. - Oh, I hope I haven't ruined your surprise.
- Well, it's nice to receive an invitation from the owner of the house himself. Thank you. - I said, trying to relax a little. It's strange, but I had the same reaction to Edward when I first met him. Apparently, they are very similar in many ways.
- Can I ask you where to find a cup of coffee here? - I asked cautiously after a moment's pause.
- Of course. - The vampire laughed and clapped his hands. - I should hang maps on the lock, but you'll get used to it. Down this corridor, then to the right and to the end.
- Oh, thank you. - I smiled and almost curtsied out of habit.
- See you later. - He shook his head and, bypassing me, turned in the other direction further down the corridor.
After breakfast, James and I still went to this, as Collen called it, "house". In fact, it turned out to be a large stone structure of two floors, lost deep in the forests of this place. Inside, the interior was similar to the interior of the castle: Gothic Tudor style, mixed with some modern things, but the decoration was still not so chic and everything around was not so huge, which I really liked. But I didn't like the trophies in the form of deer and elk horns hung on the walls. Well, the place really lived up to its name, it was actually a hunting ground.
As soon as we got inside, we attacked each other. All this stress caused by the meeting with Collen had to be removed.
- Without preludes? - James asked, pinning me against the wall and pulling off my sweater.
- Hell yeah. - I shook my head, reaching for his pants. - But maybe not on the floor?
- Whatever you say. - The vampire answered and in a second carried us upstairs.
We found ourselves in a large room with Gothic windows all over the walls, on which there was a stained glass window. There was a large solid mahogany bed against the wood-paneled wall, and James threw me onto it. He quickly took off his clothes, and I did the same.
- Can you, well, do it with your vampire speed? - I asked, biting my lip as he loomed over me.
- Are you sure? - Jamie grinned, looking into my eyes.
- Damnl, yes. - I smiled and closed my eyes.
Then I remember how I sighed when he entered me, how he accelerated, and then... pain and darkness.
I woke up to Jamie desperately saying my name and lightly slapping my cheeks.
- What... what happened? - I croaked, opening my eyes.
- Oh, for goodness sake, are you okay? - He hugged me tightly, hugging me to him. - We won't do it anymore, you scared me so much!
- Is it from sex that I passed out? - I was trying to make sense of it. - Cool...
- Okay. - James chuckled. - Just in case.
He bit through his wrist, letting me drink his blood. Reluctantly, I took a few sips.
- Okay, it's okay, stop it. - I got out of bed, starting to gather my clothes and pull them on again. - Everything is cool, I wanted it myself and by experience we found out that this option is not available to us. I am well.
- Only I'd like to eat something in this vampire house of yours. - I looked around, folding my arms at my sides. - And yes, I know we had breakfast recently.
- No, no, I'll buy you something, but I'd like to hunt in the woods myself. - The vampire thought about it.
- Will you bring me the deer body?  - I grinned, folding my arms across my chest.
- I was thinking of running to the gas station, but you can do that. - The man replied. It turns out, we'll eat the deer with you for two.
- Noooo. - I laughed. - A sandwich from the gas station would be great. But I'm not starving, don't worry. Hunt in your woods, Robin Hood.
- Okay.  He shook his head and, coming closer, lightly kissed me on the forehead. - It won't take long.
- Take your time. - I replied in response to the departing James.
Left alone, I took a warm bath, flipped through the tape on social networks and almost fell asleep on a large bed with white sheets when I heard a knock on the door.
- William, if it's you, then, by God, I'll kill you, and I'll feed your body to the wolves, there's nothing for you to do! - I said menacingly, going downstairs in my dressing gown.
However, it would have been better if it had been William. I looked out the window near the door and saw an unfamiliar middle-aged man. And then I remembered that the front door was most likely left open. I almost rushed to the door like a bullet at the very moment when it was pulled. Abruptly, apparently from adrenaline, I pulled it on myself, overpowering the uninvited guest, and closed it with all the locks.
- What do you need? - I asked him, looking out the window again.
- Open the door. - He answered menacingly. - I need Emma Woodshires.
- She's not here. - I was confused.
- I know it's you. - He persisted.
- Well, now that I know what you need, I won't open it any more. - Angrily, but at the same time, I answered fearfully.
The man did not answer me anything, just put his hands out and began to whisper something, which made the doors shake. Another second and he would have definitely knocked it out. I was thinking about what I should do in this situation, I had at most a minute to think. Use the powers? No, they'll kick my ass, he's obviously stronger...
Then my eye was attracted by a hunting rifle hanging right near the entrance to the house. I quickly grabbed him and, opening the window, pointed the barrel at him.
- Witches are mortal, aren't they? - I said angrily, taking aim. - You can't do anything against a bullet. Get the fuck out of my house. I don't want to know what you want from me! - I shouted.
- Open the door, I said! - He shouted back.
And it was as if my finger pulled the trigger by itself. A deafening roar was heard, from which I was frightened myself and threw the gun away from me, covering my mouth with my hands. The uninvited guest screamed and took hold of the lower part of his leg with his hands. A pool of blood instantly appeared on the threshold. He glared at me angrily, and then, with a wave of his hands, he seemed to disappear into a cloud of purple fog.
Back at the cabin, James saw a trail of blood at the entrance and a shaking me sitting in the living room. I told him everything that had happened and together we decided to return to the castle.
- There is nothing surprising in this, everyone wants to have a witch with them who can cope with the book of time. - Collen said thoughtfully.
We were sitting on the sofas in the living room, almost in full. James called everyone as soon as we arrived.
- This is the first time I hear that everyone wants me, but I don't like it. - I grinned, sipping mint tea from a beautiful porcelain mug, which one of the maids brought me at the request of the owner of the house.
- At least you had my blood in you, he couldn't have killed you. - Jamie said.
- Why was your blood in her?- Lucille asked warily, shifting her gaze to me.
- It doesn't matter. - I waved it off, taking another sip of tea.
- It's strange that they poked into the Harts' domain. - Edward folded his arms across his chest.
- Does that mean they can come to the memorial ball? - I asked.
- No, they definitely won't dare to come to the castle. - Collen answered me.
- Well, we have to protect our time witch better. - He announced to everyone, getting up from his chair.
I don't know if his statement calmed or strained me, but I, in turn, drew another conclusion from this situation - I need to become a vampire as soon as possible to avoid cases like this