The witches of that city

The next morning, it seems, one of the worst things that could happen in a house full of vampires happened. I woke up and found blood on the sheet. Oh no, it seems to be the beginning of the month now... and, despite the stress I experienced, my body decided to extract an unfertilized egg from itself, thanks for that, tho.
When Mrs. Brooks, the maid, came to me to "make up the morning toilet," as she, ridiculously for me, called it, I asked her about it. It turns out that in the 16th century they coped with "reguls" by tucking a shirt between their legs. I was not satisfied with this arrangement of things, so I just asked for a piece of clean cloth and, folding it into several layers, made an improvised pad. Yes, before the invention of the menstrual cup the centuries will pass by, what a gloom...
At breakfast, my condition also did not go unnoticed. At first, James asked me very cautiously what was wrong, but when I tried to explain in their language the reason why the three of them felt blood, O'miles was very confused.
- Maybe you can pour me some out, huh? - William quipped.- Or I'll take it myself...
- Oh, William,- I broke into a smile. I was absolutely not surprised by his reaction.- And you, as a big boy, do you know where this blood comes from?
- I know, actually.- Taylor even seemed offended.
- Purely theoretically, I can assume.- I laughed.- So, knowing you, I'm afraid that if you decide to "take it yourself", - I made quotes in the air, - then none of us will get pleasure.
-You've been making a lot of jokes lately, witch.- William was indignant.
- So you're being a comedian here. I'm just fighting off your jokes. - I shrugged.- I didn't put up with any. Admit it, it's more interesting this way.
To which William just winked at me and continued to drink blood from the cup as breakfast.
In the evening, O'Miles and I left the house. It was hard to walk, they put on a gray corset dress with a gold ornament around the perimeter of the fabric. Gold color was also one of the parts of the skirt, which was located in the center. Mrs. Brooks arranged my hair in a neat high hairstyle consisting of a braid fixed in the form of a ring at the back of my head.
- You know I was joking. - I broke the silence as James led me to the witches' meeting place.
- Yes, of course.- He calmed me down."However, I am surprised at your courage.
- Well, to be honest,- I turned to him, lighting up the vampire with a slight smile, "I'm sharp-tongued when you're around. I wouldn't dare to be impertinent in return, being alone with him.
- This is the right position.- James smiled back.- He knows what awaits him, if he does something to you.
- And what awaits him?- I smiled.
- Let's leave this question unanswered.-The vampire waved it off.- Oh, look, we've just arrived.
We stopped near a small stone building with black wooden windows.
- I can't come here, no way.- James tensed up a lot.- It's not enough that I can't go into the house, it's even hard for me to be around. Strange magic. Apparently, William caught our witch somewhere on the street.
- Nothing. - I waved it off, even though I absolutely didn't like the prospect of going into a house full of witches alone.
However, still, having plucked up the courage, I went inside. Not very friendly, for obvious reasons, Esther introduced me to a certain Jane Bishop... hmm... Bishop...
It was a girl clearly younger than me. Very pale, with black eyes and brown hair curled into small curls. I didn't really understand the fashion of that time, but I could tell that she was obviously richly dressed: a crimson corduroy dress with gold inserts on the sleeves, corset and hem, a beautiful necklace around her neck and an abundance of rings. She looked at me suspiciously, as I looked at her.
When Esther told Jane about my story, she asked me to demonstrate magic, but I didn't know how to do it.
- Hmm, - the girl chuckled, - then it's unclear what you want from me.
- I need a book to go back. You should have it.- I was emboldened.
-She's at my mother's, that's right. - Jane shook her head.- However, she won't even listen to me. You need to entice her yourself to get an audience. However, I don't see how you can do it. She arched an eyebrow and looked me up and down contemptuously.
- I didn't say anything,- she continued, - but there's a ball for all creatures in a couple of days. Camille will be there. Maybe you can surprise her. Jane chuckled again."But without the vampires you're friends with, it's pointless to go there. She won't even look at you.
- And this is an interesting twist.- I was surprised."Why not?" Witches don't really like vampires.
- She's always trying to establish diplomacy with Hart. - The girl shrugged her shoulders.
- I see, - I exhaled, - and thanks for that.
- And try to learn something, please." Jane quipped at my back. As if it's that easy...
I was silent all the way home. What unpleasant witches.
- We have a plan!- I shouted at the whole house, going inside.
- And what does it consist of?- The skeptical tone of Edward appearing out of nowhere made me cringe again.
- You know about the creature ball, right?- I looked at the vampires standing in front of me.
- Darling,- William chuckled, - we are invited to all the balls in this world. The job is like this...
- Well, great, since you're on the VIP guest list, then I'm coming with you. - I said.- I need to get Camille Bishop interested. Then she can give me the book to return home.
- And you will give it to us.- Edward agreed.
- Wait, what? - I asked.
- Oh, yes. That's why we're here.- Taylor smiled.
- We need a book. Collen doesn't like spheres of influence in the society of witches. We will give the book to someone who really deserves it. - Sorley explained.
- I didn't know about that.- I exhaled, realizing that everything would not be as easy as I had hoped.
- This is the essence of our mission, with which you promised to help us. - Edward shrugged his shoulders. Here it is, a deal with the devil...
- Okay, - I exhaled noisily, - let's say. Then plan "A" is to go to the ball, get Camille interested, ingratiate herself and steal the book.
- Then what's your plan "B"?- James asked thoughtfully.
- You will kill everyone and take it by force.- I assumed.- Although it may have been plan "A" for you.
- This is our basic plan of action in all situations. - William chuckled.
- Anyway,- I continued, - I was told to let Camille know that I'm with you. But, apparently, I'll just hang around.
- I think that's not what was meant, unfortunately.- James said a little sadly.
- And what then?- I asked again with incomprehension.
- I think, Emma, you were told about the connection that can be connected with another being. - Edward clarified.
- And... what does that mean?- I thought I wouldn't like the answer.
- Marriage. - James shook his head.
Well... it's starting.