Our marriage

After a series of curse words from me, Edward still explained what a vampire marriage means. This is when an alliance is formed between a vampire and someone else, they drink each other's blood and become forever "connected" by a kind of chain that only supernatural beings can feel.
- And... who are you suggesting I marry?- I asked, still confused.
- I think the answer is obvious,- Edward chuckled slightly. - However, you still have three candidates. - He gestured at himself, William, and James.
- You're not my type though. I wouldn't want to burden myself with the bonds of marriage. It still imposes certain obligations on the vampire, too. - William shrugged his shoulders. - But I will be glad to participate in the consummation. - He winked.
- Anyway, Emma. - Edward hastened to interrupt the younger of the vampires. - You can think until the end of the evening. The ball is already the day after tomorrow, and the bonds need time to strengthen.
- I'll... think about it.- I nodded my head and literally rushed out of the room.
I ran into my bedroom and closed the door again. The question is "what the fuck?" it appeared in my head almost every day in this place, but today it was particularly acute. A wedding? What the fuck is a wedding? Also vampire...In my head, I imagined pictures from the movie "Dracula": candles, a black wedding dress, a veil, and a bitten neck. It made me shiver.
And who to marry? No, the answer was obvious, of course. However, the question was also whether James would want it. For all the time I have been in this century, we have talked so much. Yes, I began to like him, no matter how wrong my feelings would not seem, given the circumstances in which I was. If only I didn't have to marry Edward, God...
A knock on the door again knocked me out of my thoughts, which were eating from the inside. Jamie appeared on the threshold.
- Do you want to talk about what happened? - The red-haired man asked carefully. Well, what is he like...
- It would be nice.- I exhaled, and, sitting on the bed, nodded to the seat opposite me.
- You must understand that this is necessary for your own safety. - He began. - And it still doesn't oblige you to anything. In general, here.
James stretched out his hand and opened his palm in front of me. On it lay a small gold ring with a black seal, on which a small daisy was engraved in gold.
-I've never been proposed to, James, but this is probably one of the strangest ways to do it.- I don't know why, but I burst out laughing.
- Should I say something? The vampire chuckled.
- No, well, it's a very beautiful ring.- I took the thing in my hand and began to examine it. - Where is it from?
- My mother's family ring. - The man replied.
- Oh, James,- I said, embarrassed. - But I'm not...
- No, it's all right. - He interrupted me and put a piece of jewelry on my ring finger. - I'm willing to do this for you.
- Do you go for me... I mean... as something you don't want to?- I frowned.
- No, - the vampire hesitated a little, - I thought it was unpleasant for you.
- Well, it's really unexpected, so much has happened, to be honest. I confessed. - But you really are the best of the options.
I put my hand on his palm and smiled a little. James gave me a smile in return, and then left, warning me that then the ceremony would take place that evening.
Closer to the time of our impromptu wedding, Mrs. Brooks knocked on my room. She presented me with Edward's wedding gift - a beautiful gold dress with wide long sleeves, a square neckline and a full skirt. The entire corset and sleeves of the dress were decorated with gilded textured flowers. And along the edge of the skirt, ornate embroidered patterns in the form of a vine descended. When I put it on, I actually felt like one of the heroines of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, although I would not like to repeat their fate.
Mrs. Brooks was busy with my hair for a long time. She gathered part of my blond curls into a braid, which curled into a ring around the perimeter of the crown, and left some loose. Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's really me. Surprisingly.
I even went down with some trepidation. Everyone was already sitting in the living room waiting for me.
- To be honest, I thought we'd have a less... formal ceremony.- I said, referring to my appearance.
- A girl should look especially at her wedding. - Edward smiled.
I glanced at James, dressed in a blue velvet caftan, black pants and boots. He did not take his eyes off me, and when our gazes crossed, he gave me the most sincere smile.
We swore allegiance to each other, whatever that means in this situation. James put the ring on me and gave me a little peck on the forehead.
- Now it's time to consummate the marriage. - Edward said, clapping his hands. - It is necessary for the bond to be created.
- Consummation? - I looked at the older vampire with fear.
- You should drink each other's blood to strengthen your bond. - Edward clarified, handing James the dagger. - I mentioned it.
- N... no. I shook my head. - Maybe not before all of youl? - I looked at Jamie for support.
- Come on! - William was indignant. - You're not sharing a bed. What kind of childishness?!
- Oh, Taylor...- I began angrily. - If we were fucking, you'd be the first person I'd call to watch, believe me!- I said through my teeth. - I would give you a seat in the front row and even let you make your stupid comments. However, can I share my blood with one vampire I trust, and those I DON'T trust-I especially highlighted this-I'll leave outside the door, okay?
- I'm sorry, Edward. - I corrected myself. - About distrust, there was an injection not in your direction.
- I got it. The vampire nodded.
- That's what it means, devil's wife also a witch. And they didn't have time to get married, and already he speaks like O'Miles.- William folded his arms on his chest. - But I would look at the consummation of marriage in the lodge.
- I have no doubt. - I smiled.
- We can do this in private, Emma. - James took my arm. - Upstairs, come on, they'll feel the bond anyway.
The vampire took me to my room and sat me down on the bed again.
- It's not scary. He looked at me, pulling out a dagger.
- It sounds threatening, - I smiled slightly and shook my head, - especially from the mouth of a vampire.
- Well,- James smiled a little, too. Did he look... wound up? Come on, no..., - you don't pounce on food, even when you are very hungry. After all, you can control yourself.
- Should I be offended that you called me food? - I grinned, deciding to continue this little game. - Maybe at least with wine?
- You would be the most expensive of them. - James winked. God, how hot he was right now...
- Okay, - I threw my head back, laughing, - you can try a little.
- You first. - The vampire took off his caftan, finding himself in only one shirt.
James was in front of me in a second. With a slight movement of his hand, he pierced his palm, putting it to my lips. The taste of iron filled my mouth. I tried to spit out the blood, the taste of which I sincerely hate, but in response to this, the vampire only pressed his palm harder against my face, wrapping his free hand around my head.
- That's it, good girl. - He whispered when I finally swallowed the blood.
- Now you. - I said, wiping his red liquid from my lips.
I held out my hand to him and smiled a little when he looked up at me with his beautiful blue eyes. Apparently, he noticed how hard my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. But I hope he didn't guess the reasons...
- Don't worry, - he tried to calm me down, - I'll be careful. Look at me.
I did not take my eyes off his beautiful blue eyes when he pierced my palm with a dagger, when he lowered himself to the wound that had formed and began to gently lick the blood from my hand. His eyes turned red, black veins instantly formed under them, but this did not frighten me. It all felt so hot, so sensual. I didn't know where to put myself.
Then the vampire finished. His face regained its normal appearance.
- It's my blood. - He pointed to my good arm, on which a couple of seconds ago there was a bloody wound.
Then James approached me. His eyes darted around, studying my face and, it seems, my reaction. He gently ran his finger over my lips, wiping away the remnants of blood and forcing me to close my eyes from the undying desire.
Then he tucked a lock of my golden curls behind my ear, and again looked into my eyes for a second.
- Congratulations, Mrs. Hart,- James smiled and, approaching, lightly kissed me on the corner of my lips.
He pulled away so quickly that I didn't even have time to respond to this little kiss.
- Good night. - He nodded as he left the room.
I just lay back on the sheets, not knowing where to put myself. I wanted him, God, how much I wanted him. And I had no idea why he was doing this to me...