Chapter 16 Steve Trevor

Earth, Washington DC, Hall of Justice.

It had been five hours since the showdown in coast city. And now, the current location, the famed Hall of Justice primarily known as the headquarters of the Justice league to the public, was now being swarmed.

It was already as late at eleven o'clock, yet the area around the hall was stalked by a sea of reporters, journalists, and cameramen all taking pictures, giving out news reports live or just trying desperately to get some inside information.

Many of these poor souls were working their asses overtime just for the slight chance of a big scoop. Many more had their jobs hanging on the line.

Something, anything relevant concerning the mysterious alien that appeared on Earth, would be good enough. And news that he had appeared in coast city and beaten up its resident superhero had spread like wildfire.

Many more were on their way to make up the addition.

Unfortunately, they were destined to be disappointed. As far as the eye could see, although the Hall wasn't under lockdown, it was being terribly guarded by military personnel.

Police, Army, Special forces, you name it. Dozens of military soldiers stood on guard, with many more forming a do not cross perimeter with their bodies to keep away the crowd that were no less than bloodthirsty sharks at the moment.

The chances of a fly successful making it through the lobby were slimmer than Lex Luther suddenly growing hair overnight.

It only made the minds of the reporters all the more ravenous. What kind of scoop could they get if they unravel the meeting currently going on between the infamous alien and the League's leaders?

The minds of the reporters were wild.

Inside the hall, however, the atmosphere was extremely depressing. The members of the Justice league, all those who were considered important enough to be here, sat at a round table.

And today, they all had something similar in common. None of them had pleasant expressions on their faces.

Batman, Wonder woman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Zatara, Shazam, Flash, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Cyborg.

Even Captain Atom was here as well. Each and each one of them had their gaze on a single figure.

He wore casual clothing, a hoodie on his head, purple eyes and an indifference to complement it all. They weren't the only ones in the room.

There were also some indispensable figures representing the United States.

Justice league spokesperson and representative, Colonel Steve Trevor.

He didn't sit on a chair alongside the rest of the league as, quite frankly, he wasn't qualified. Even though no one among them would mind.

Due to his rather complicated relationship with Wonder Woman, he was hence the closest person to the Justice league within the military and helped bridge the sides as their spokesperson.

Amari looked at this man with a bit of curiosity. This version of Steve Trevor wasn't young. In fact, he looked close to General Lane in age, as he was already in his forties.

But if this guy truly fought alongside Wonder Woman in World War II, then logically speaking, he should be older.

Amari casually used energy to peek into his history and discovered what had happened.

"I only have one question. Why?" Batman said, liberating the room from the suffocating silence. The depressed atmosphere had gone nowhere, though.

"An extraterrestrial life from whom we have no knowledge about was suddenly granted access to live on earth soil without our knowledge". Batman continued to speak, his tone cold and indifferent.