Kelly Severide - Christmas Eve (Part 1 of 2)

A/N: I've been meaning to post Christmas scenes during the week but it's been so hectic so please enjoy this one! <3

It was a very lively scene in the Severide household. Christmas music was blasting through the speakers and the two Severide children, Leslie (5) and Sebby (3) were busy preparing for Santa to deliver their presents!
"Mommy! Daddy! Look at what we did for Santa and his reindeer," said Leslie to her parents who were in the kitchen.
Kelly and his wife of 7 years, Y/N were currently laying the table, ready for the whole firehouse family to come for Christmas lunch tomorrow. They made their way to the living room to see what their kids were so excited to show them.

Leslie and her brother had coloured pictures for Santa and written him a note. They were just waiting for their parents to get Santa's cookies on a plate, his glass of milk and reindeer food.
"Wow my babies, they look amazing! And what does your note to Santa say?" Asked Y/N as she ruffled her two kids' hair.
Leslie picked the note up and started reading it, "Dear Santa, Sebby and I know we have asked for a lot for Christmas but please please please make sure that we get a new baby brother or sister. We have both been very good this year. Thank you Santa! Love from Leslie and Sebby Severide."
"That's lovely you guys, you never know... Santa might bring you just that," said Kelly, giving his wife a knowing look. "What do you think, is it time to get Santa's cookies, drink and reindeer food?"
"YAY," replied Sebby. "Santa coming!"
"Yes he is buddy," replied Kelly, picking his son up.
"Come on monkeys, let's go to the kitchen," said Y/N, holding Leslie's hand.

The family of 4 set out Santa's cookies, milk and carrot for his reindeer and headed upstairs to put on their matching Christmas pyjamas and snuggle up together on the couch to watch the Grinch and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream.
By the time the film had finished, Sebby had passed out on Y/N's lap and Leslie could barely keep her eyes opened, snuggled up between her parents.
Kelly and Y/N carried their kids up, tucked them into bed and headed back downstairs.

They laid their kids' presents from Santa underneath the Christmas tree, drank Santa's milk and ate some of the cookies. They were both exhausted by the end of it but it was time for their favourite Christmas tradition from when they first moved in together 10 years ago: dancing under the Christmas lights to Christmas music. Kelly got the music playing. He held his hand out to his wife "May I have this dance please?"
Y/N extended her arm out to her husband, "Of course you can," she said, a huge smile plastered on her face.
Kelly pulled her up and they slow danced together in silence to the Christmas music.
"We have the best kids," Y/N said, looking up at Kelly, still slow dancing.
"Yes we do and I'm so excited we get to make their Christmas wish come true," he replied, laying a hand on Y/N's stomach.
She smiled, "I know. I can't wait to tell them!" She replied, laying her hand on top of Kelly's, on her very obvious (when in tight clothing) bump.

Her and Kelly had found out they were expecting back in October when she was 4 weeks along and it was pure coincidence that the kids wanted a sibling for Christmas which was what made this Christmas extra special for the Severide family.

The couple continued dancing in silence and it reached midnight. They were stood under the mistletoe Kelly had hung up on the wall.
"Merry Christmas, Mrs Severide," said Kelly, interlocking his and Y/N's hands.
"Merry Christmas, Mr Severide," Y/N replied.
The two kissed under the mistletoe then Kelly got down on his knees and lifted Y/N's shirt. He kissed her bump. "Merry Christmas baby Severide."
This made Y/N chuckle.
"I can't believe this time next year, we'll be a family of 5. I'm so excited!" She said.
"Me too," Kelly replied, standing up.
The two kissed again and made their way up to bed, excited to tell their kids their Christmas wish will come true!

A/N: I'll post part 2 on Christmas Day!!