Chapter 33

Just a single sentence was all it took for Jiang Luo to thoroughly excite the malevolent spirit.

Jiang Luo smirked coldly at the spirit, his right hand positioned in front of the entity as if something was being conjured within his grasp. Suddenly, a forceful impact surged towards the spirit.

**Boom—**

The water below tumultuously churned, waves undulated violently on the surface, sending massive amounts of river water crashing onto the shore, submerging the tall, lofty vegetation.

With a sudden splash, the malevolent spirit was struck by a surging column of water onto the shore. He landed gracefully, and despite being soaked through, it couldn't dampen his spirits.

Adjusting his cuffs, he looked up towards the water.

Jiang Luo rose from the water, almost miraculously walking on its surface. Beneath his feet, between the ripples, golden runes flickered, forming a golden serpent. Stepping off from the runes onto the ground, the golden serpentine sigil flew out of the water, coiling around him out of thin air.

The serpent's teeth were sharp, and though made of runes, they seemed as fiercely oppressive as the real thing. Jiang Luo's lips curled up; his black hair was drenched, his appearance disheveled, yet his demeanor was fiercely commanding.

Before activating the Yin-Yang Ring, Jiang Luo hadn't completely believed the funeral shop owner's words.

He had researched the Yin-Yang Ring and even asked Kuang Zheng to help him with the research. After comparing the information he found with what the funeral shop owner had told him, there indeed wasn't much discrepancy.

However, Jiang Luo truly believed the funeral shop owner after he attempted to activate the Yin-Yang Ring for the first time last night.

In a safe situation, he indeed felt a reaction as if he was on the verge of reaching a critical point, which confirmed the truth of "being in a near-death state can activate the Yin-Yang Ring."

If it was possible, then Jiang Luo was willing to risk it all.

Fortunately, he truly succeeded.

At this moment, Jiang Luo finally unleashed all the frustrations that had been weighing heavily on his heart. He gently shook the Yin-Yang Ring, which touched his skin, and with a smile, Jiang Luo said, "One shake to discern direction."

The golden serpent, formed from dense golden runes, lifted its head towards the north.

"Two shakes to discern fortune," Jiang Luo took a step towards the malevolent spirit, his right hand swaying as he walked, causing the Yin-Yang Ring to move again.

"Three shakes," Jiang Luo smiled and asked in a conversational tone, "How do you wish to die, Chi You?"

Three shakes to determine Yin and Yang.

The serpent's vertical pupils locked onto the only malevolent spirit present, its gaping maw wide open, slender tongue flicking across sharp teeth.

Wrapped in divine golden light, the serpent encased the young man with black hair, who raised his hand to touch the serpent's skull, looking at the malevolent spirit with a smirk.

The Yin-Yang Ring bore thirteen golden rune curses, twelve of which were linked to the twelve zodiac signs corresponding to the twelve Earthly Branches. Jiang Luo, with his exceptional talent and unparalleled harmony with the Yin-Yang Ring, had effortlessly brought forth the Serpent of the Si sign.

The sight thrilled the malevolent spirit to every fiber of his being, eliciting a low chuckle as the moonlight steered clear of him and the black mist dispersed.