Chapter 92

Jiang Luo remained silent before softly stating, "That's an excellent question."

It took Ge Zhu a moment to grasp the situation, followed by a few awkward laughs. Indeed, it puzzled him how Jiang Luo could possibly know why it was him who was involved.

"However, the question I find most pressing at the moment isn't that one," Jiang Luo expressed, "but rather—who's going to foot the bill?"

Ge Zhu became momentarily speechless, recognizing the importance of this query.

Feeling the eyes of others on him, Jiang Luo felt compelled to maintain his composure. He offered a smile typical of the affluent, as if to dismiss the concern as trivial, and gave the captain a nod of acknowledgment.

While scanning the crowd, Jiang Luo immediately suspected Chi You was playing tricks. He attempted to detect any sign of Chi You on someone's face but instead ended up receiving several hostile stares.

Ge Zhu was internally panicking, repeatedly worrying, "What do we do, what do we do? We're out of money. I could perhaps sell a kidney for you, but how much would that even fetch?"

When the auction concluded, and the top ten bidders were expected to pay the captain, Jiang Luo was ready to tactfully pass his spot to another without embarrassment. However, the captain approached him with a smile, saying, "Mr. Zhong, your payment has already been made."

Caught off guard, Jiang Luo then chuckled, "Really? I don't recall doing so."

The captain handed him a blank sheet and a bank card, explaining, "This card was attached to the price list you submitted."

The list bore only Jiang Luo's name beside a significantly large figure.

With a smile, Jiang Luo folded the price list, "This piece of paper is no longer necessary, right, Captain? May I keep it as a keepsake?"

The captain replied with a smile, "Certainly."

Exiting the auction, Jiang Luo and Ge Zhu found a note under their door once they returned to their room.

"Meet in the swimming area at 2 am tonight."

The note was signed with a sketch of the Birch University emblem.

Upon examining the note, Ge Zhu worried, "They haven't found themselves in trouble, have they?"

Jiang Luo fetched a white porcelain basin, filled it with water, and placed it on the table center, reassuring, "There's no trouble. This handwriting, I know it; it belongs to Ye Xun."

Ye Xun had served as his mentor in metaphysics during his initial foray.

Without pause, Jiang Luo pulled from his bag a set of copper coins fashioned into a bracelet, along with a box of incense ash.

Realization dawned on Ge Zhu, "Are you trying to identify who provided your quote?"

Jiang Luo affirmed with a nod, "Exactly."

He arranged the coins at the basin's bottom and smoothly laid out the incense ash on the table next to it.

Ge Zhu voiced his concern, "This technique is challenging. Even our teacher couldn't achieve success under such basic conditions."

"Trying won't hurt," Jiang Luo replied, having set everything up. He then sliced his left middle finger with a knife, drawing a symbol over the basin with his blood.

The blood from the middle finger—rich in yang energy, with men's on the left and women's on the right—proved more effective than cinnabar.

After completing the talisman effortlessly, Jiang Luo tore off a part of the price list with writing, dabbed it with blood from the figure's center, and placed it in the water.