Chapter 151

Jiang Luo walked slowly, step by step, towards the Chosen one. Clutching his abdomen, his face drained by the chilly wind, he appeared weakened, "Chosen one, Master Weihe."

The night concealed many things, making it difficult for others to discern the extent of Jiang Luo's injuries. Yet, visible were the bloodstains on his body and face. More importantly, his opponent, Chi You, had a severed arm. How severe were Jiang Luo's injuries to bring about such a state?

Returning is a blessing! Master Weihe was startled, "Hurry, Tianshi Ji Yaozi, support him back. I'll examine him!"

"No need to worry, Master," Jiang Luo weakly smiled, his voice feeble, "These wounds don't threaten my life, just superficial. A bit of ginseng essence will suffice."

The funeral shop owner relaxed a bit, "Almost forgot you have a living ginseng doll there, Master Weihe. That doll has been around for five hundred years; if Jiang Luo consumes it, he won't need you."

"A five-hundred-year-old ginseng essence? That's certainly acceptable!" Master Weihe sighed in relief, "Let's not delay. Quickly return, the ghosts on the other side have dispersed. Let Jiang Luo treat his injuries."

Jiang Luo glanced at the Chosen one, sighed softly, and said, "Chosen one, I can't defeat him."

"You've done well," the Chosen one focused on him, a faint smile on his lips, "No one could have done better than you."

After comforting Jiang Luo, the Chosen one turned to the distant Chi You, surrounded by ghosts. Though the demon appeared battered, fixing his severed arm, the Chosen one's eyes gleamed, "You've managed to sever one of his arms. That's pleasantly surprising."

Jiang Luo is still growing, yet has reached this height. In half an hour, he could transform Chi You into this state. If Jiang Luo continues to grow faster and become stronger, killing Chi You will be a trivial matter.

What others can't do, he can. Emotions flickered in the Chosen one's eyes, then disappeared in the blink of an eye. He wiped away a drop of blood from Jiang Luo's face gently, his voice soft as snow, "You did well today. Rest now."

The group slowly walked back, accommodating Jiang Luo's pace. Once in the courtyard, Master Weihe, satisfied that Jiang Luo didn't need him, departed. Feng Li and Tianshi Ji Yaozi supported Jiang Luo, guiding him back to the room.

Inside, the ginseng doll lay on the bed, playing with its toes. Seeing them, it exclaimed, "Dad, you're back!"

"That's the ginseng doll?" Tianshi Ji Yaozi marveled, "Well-nourished and chubby."

The ginseng doll, frightened by strangers, shrank under the thick blanket, trembling.

Tianshi Ji Yaozi remarked, "Oh, hiding now? Noticed Jiang Luo's severe injuries? Quite clever."

Severe injuries? The ginseng doll cautiously peered out from the blanket, its eyes perplexed. How did it not notice Jiang Luo's injuries?

Why didn't it realize Jiang Luo was injured? Everything seemed healthy, except for some slight anemia.

Before it could express this, Jiang Luo swiftly pulled it out from the blanket. The ginseng doll felt dizzy, unable to speak before Jiang Luo quickly snipped off a portion of its ginseng beard.

The ginseng doll burst into tears, completely forgetting what it wanted to say.

Jiang Luo put the ginseng beard in his mouth, his face visibly reddening. He even began sweating from excessive supplementation, realizing he went a bit overboard.