Chapter 119

Jiang Pingcheng and Xiao Yandizi were both fine; only they could produce a child like Jiang Luo.

However, Jiang Pingcheng had aged, his figure changed, and the once handsome man had faded in middle age. Yet, faintly, you could still see traces of Jiang Luo in his eyes and brows.

Xia Qin kissed Jiang Pingcheng's forehead, revealing a smile that seemed both present and absent.

*

Jiang Luo recalled some unpleasant matters; he didn't want to stay in the Jiang family any longer and prepared to leave after informing the hosts.

Before leaving, he took Chi You back to his room.

He remembered leaving something behind when he departed from this home. He wanted to find it, see if he could locate it in the mirrored world.

Jiang Pingcheng hastily arrived after receiving the news. Lipstick marks adorned his face as he humorously said, "Young Master Chi, I have a business proposition that will undoubtedly be beneficial to you. Can you accompany me to the study?"

Chi You leisurely sat in a chair until Jiang Pingcheng's smile was about to crack, then lazily stood up. "Let's go."

They left one after the other. Jiang Luo continued organizing his belongings, standing in front of the wardrobe. After searching the entire closet, he finally found a small iron box tucked away in a corner.

When he touched the iron box, Jiang Luo couldn't help but sigh.

His search was just an attempt to prove the connection between the mirrored world and reality. The mastermind's influence was formidable; they even found the corresponding private money he had hidden in the real world.

Jiang Luo took out the iron box, sat at the table, and opened the lid. Inside were dozens of copper coins and a dozen silver dollars, equivalent to four or five thousand in modern currency. Jiang Luo felt he used to be good at saving money. He picked up a silver dollar, playing with it. The open door, however, was closed by someone, carrying a fragrance. This person walked to Jiang Luo.

Without turning around, Xia Qin said, "Master, how's your stay at the Chi residence?"

"Not bad," Jiang Luo replied casually.

Xia Qin sighed in relief, "That's good."

The atmosphere fell silent. Jiang Luo absentmindedly played with the silver dollar, seemingly uninterested in further conversation. However, Xia Qin seemed unable to decipher his meaning. Her fingers gently brushed over the back of Jiang Luo's head. " When Master decided to send you there, I pondered for a long time and didn't voice any objections."

Her words were measured, soft yet firm. Xia Qin always seemed reliable, a thoughtful woman. Jiang Luo never fully understood her.

"Because in the coming years, the Jiang family will become chaotic. It's better that you stay at the Chi residence for now," Xia Qin slid down Jiang Luo's shoulder, her jade-like hand encircling his neck, pressing against his back, "When you return, the Jiang family will be a different place."

Jiang Luo asked monotonously, "Why are you doing this?"

He had asked Xia Qin the same question in the real world.

After witnessing the affair, the fifteen-year-old Jiang Luo returned to his room in despair.

Jiang Luo's mother was weak, only obedient to her husband. His father was a demon. When Jiang Pingcheng raised his fist towards his wife and children, only Jiang Luo stood in front of his mother, protecting her, enduring the blows. No one ever shielded him from harm.