Chapter 181

The three senior brothers had been searching since the afternoon, waiting for Jiang Luo until dinner time with no sign of him. It left them anxious, reporting to Feng Li trembling like three quail eggs.

Feng Li instructed them to continue waiting. They hid in the car, finishing dinner and supper, finally welcoming the arrival of Jiang Luo.

Jiang Luo showed no surprise at their presence. Wen Ren Lian glanced at him, worried according to the original plan, and was tactfully persuaded by Jiang Luo to go upstairs.

Cooperatively, Jiang Luo followed the three men. Shen Ru Ma and the others breathed a sigh of relief. When they reached the entrance of the Celestial Sect, Zhou Wu Du, the closest to Jiang Luo, whispered, "The master is very angry."

Jiang Luo had expected this.

The three escorted Jiang Luo to the study. Shen Ru Ma knocked on the door, "Master, the person has arrived."

After a while, a voice came from inside, "Let him in."

Let him in, not let them in.

Shen Ru Ma and the others relaxed. They sympathetically looked at Jiang Luo and hastily disappeared. Jiang Luo, amused by their reactions, pushed the door and entered.

The study was pitch black; Feng Li hadn't turned on the lights. Seated behind the desk, his silhouette darker than the background, Jiang Luo couldn't discern his expression but instinctively felt that Feng Li was in a state not easy to provoke.

Trusting his intuition, Jiang Luo cautiously stood at a distance from the desk, ready to advance or retreat. In case of any trouble, he could swiftly leave through the door.

Feng Li didn't express any objection to his distant stance, remaining silent. Jiang Luo took the initiative, "Master."

No response.

Jiang Luo continued, "Master, I want to leave the Celestial Sect."

After a pause, Feng Li asked, "Why?"

In a soft voice, Jiang Luo explained, "I've mentioned the reasons before. I'm not worthy to be your disciple, and I can't adapt to the rules of the Celestial Sect. Despite not being your disciple, you're the person I respect the most. If you entrust me with anything, I will do my utmost to repay your guidance."

Feng Li habitually rubbed his thumb, the jade thumb ring above shattered. Busy these days, he hadn't replaced it. Now, feeling nothing, whether it was because of Jiang Luo or the broken jade ring, a sudden surge of anger overcame him.

He recalled the phone call with Chen Pi during the day.

Chen Pi, aware of Jiang Luo's intention to leave the Celestial Sect, nervously apologized to Feng Li, promising to persuade Jiang Luo to reconsider. However, he subtly mentioned that if Feng Li didn't mind, he could provide other talented disciples as apprentices.

Yet, the Celestial Sect would never lack disciples.

Leaning back in his chair, Feng Li remembered the words he spoke while observing the Buddha's hand lotus incense holder during the day.

He said to Chen Pi, "The child is wild; a bit of discipline will do."

Just like his habit of touching the jade thumb ring. Once it became a habit, Jiang Luo also became accustomed to his guidance.

Jiang Luo spoke, "Master?"

Unexpectedly, Feng Li chuckled.

The laughter was peculiar, but Feng Li quickly suppressed it, as if it were an illusion. Without leaving a trace, Jiang Luo stepped back, "Master, your disciple has been disrespectful. Please forgive me."