Chapter 66

The moment the idea popped into his head, Jiang Luo felt it was feasible, highly feasible.

Then the question arose.

How could he make Chi You and the Faceless Monster confront each other?

A ready-made method lay before Jiang Luo, similar to what Zhang Feng had done, making Chi You his scapegoat.

But to make Chi You his scapegoat, there would need to be an embrace, a kiss, an exchange of... bodily fluids.

Fuck.

Jiang Luo's expression stiffened.

He remembered the Loss Hexagram he had calculated earlier.

To sacrifice one's own benefit for a turnaround from defeat to victory, could this be what it referred to?

...This was indeed a huge loss.

Should he grit his teeth and use this method to disgust Chi You, then take the opportunity to trap him? Or should he find another way?

Kissing a ghoul was truly horrifying, especially getting intimate with a madman like Chi You. Jiang Luo couldn't even begin to imagine the scene of them exchanging bodily fluids. But to give up on this opportunity, he felt unwilling.

He slowly bit his cigarette, teeth leaving a neat ring of marks.

What should he do?

As he hesitated, the detestable face of Chi You flashed through his mind.

He instantly made up his mind.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Since the ghoul dared to mock him in such a manner, he would retaliate even more disgustingly.

The assistant drove the car to pick them up from the hospital.

The chief director sat in the passenger seat, still somewhat dazed and not fully recovered from the previous conversation, "Master, what is this faceless, Faceless Monster?"

"It's a ghost that fears light and only appears in the dark," Jiang Luo explained, "In places without light, you can never be sure where it is, and it might even pierce your heart the moment darkness falls."

"Since it cannot appear in light, and the shadows of the Li Zhen quartet also vanished, I suspect the Faceless Monster is something they summoned, a product of merging with their shadows."

His reasoning was sound, but the director couldn't understand a word.

The assistant in the driver's seat spoke nervously, "Master, Director, there's something..."

The chief director urged, "Don't stammer, just speak."

Swallowing nervously, the assistant said, "Master, you're trending on social media."

Everyone in the car was stunned for a moment, and a bad premonition rose in Jiang Luo's heart, "Who's trending?"

The assistant braced himself and said, "You are."

Jiang Luo: "..."

His only appearance wasn't just in those couple of minutes on Fu Wei's livestream?

The assistant explained, "You asked us to handle this matter, and in fact, before you even mentioned it to us, I had already sent people to suppress the news. We stopped the livestream immediately and deleted the playback video. Comments under the official Weibo post were also controlled, with only some screenshots circulating online. It was initially spreading on a small scale, not enough to cause a big stir, but we didn't expect a top star to come forward and support you."