Chapter 78

At eight o'clock in the evening, at a hot pot restaurant, the crowd inside was stunned to see a ghost standing by the door.

The well-dressed ghost stepped forward, the sound of his leather shoes one after another, pressing in a way that filled the air with dread.

He moved closer, his dark eyes fixed on Jiang Luo. Facing a group of professional ghost collectors, he said with ease, "So everyone is here."

Chi You approached the table, speaking politely, "Do you mind if I join?"

He looked no different from when he was alive, even his ghostly aura was hard to detect. He hadn't lost his sanity nor did he look frightening. Still with a demeanor that could deceive anyone, he easily reminded the people from Bai Hua University of the times they had spent with him.

Those who had cursed him countless times were awakened to their past memories. Their feelings became extremely complicated, watching Chi You with a sense of disbelief, as if they were separated by lifetimes.

Ge Zhu went out and brought back a chair from behind the curtain, placing it in the middle of the table head, "Sit."

Right next to Jiang Luo.

Upon seeing Chi You, Jiang Luo's hand froze while picking up food. The fish ball slipped from the chopsticks, and Jiang Luo retracted his hand, alarmed.

He had thought of countless possibilities, but never did he imagine Chi You would dare to do such a thing.

To appear right before everyone like this.

His purpose in seeking Jiang Luo was singular—to end up in bed with Jiang Luo.

What's worse, Jiang Luo had to pretend to be deeply in love with Chi You in front of his friends.

A throbbing headache began at Jiang Luo's temples. Given a hundred bouts of confidence, he never would have believed his lies could one day be exploited by a ghost.

Had Chi You gone to such lengths just for that?

Now, it was Jiang Luo's turn to feel agitated. Beyond the irritation, there was an unspeakable weirdness. Pretending not to understand, he feigned joy, "How did you come here?"

The ghost thanked Ge Zhu and sat down politely. With a smile that was not quite a smile, he looked at Jiang Luo. For some reason today, his pupils were incredibly dark, so dark they seemed somewhat demonic. Jiang Luo, under his gaze, felt a chill run down his spine, as if he was a delicious morsel under the ghost's mouth.

"I came for what we talked about yesterday," Chi You said.

From the moment he stepped through the door, with every step closer to Jiang Luo, Chi You's interest slowly turned into extreme excitement.

It was as if that unstable nerve had awakened from its slumber, trembling madly, this long-lost and fierce excitement nearly caused Chi You to lose the facade he was accustomed to maintaining.

All day, Chi You had been recovering from his injuries.

His period of weakness had not ended, and his strength was far from normal. Logically, Chi You should have hidden in a place unknown to anyone, until he fully recovered.

But the undercurrent of restless anticipation made its way to Chi You as if on cue.

However, the black-haired young man he had threatened seemed not keen on complying straightforwardly with his demands.

Chi You thought to himself: What a pity.

Yet, this only heightened his excitement further.

Suddenly, a demon's hand intruded onto the table meant for ten, making the already cramped space under the table even more congested. The demon's pointed shoe also touched Jiang Luo's shoe tip.