[1]

when we met.

CAROLINE

THIRTEEN YEARS AGO

"MOMMY!!" I yell her name when I distinctly remember her running out to meet me. "What happened dear?" Worry lines creased her face and I pointed to the truck beside our house. "Look mommy new people" I smile and she sighed.

"You will be the death of me little girl" she poked my nose and then picked me up. "Shall we say hi?" I nod excitedly.

I saw a beautiful plump woman come from the house. No one was as pretty as my mommy but she was probably second. She smiled at us, a warm smile and I remember liking her instantly.

"Oh hello!" she greeted us and I wished her back.

"Oh what a cutie you are! Have you seen my son yet?" I shook my head until a shy boy appeared behind his mother, fidgeting with his toy. "Liam say hi to the Hudgens"

"Oh well look at what a bright man you are!" My mother bent low and patted him which made him come out of his hiding place.

"Hi Liam!! I am Caroline! Come let's play hide and seek!!" I pull his arm and together we ran around the yard, laughing and playing all day.

I guess that's where our friendship started. Right that instant onwards.

LIAM

"Mom I will help with boxes!" I remember cheerfully going to carry a box but failing miserably. "Here take this instead" my mom handed me a small cover and smiling I ran inside with it. While coming back I noticed a lady and a small girl, almost my age talking to my mother.

I hid behind my mother shyly and then my mother introduced me. Scared, I peak out from my hiding place and the tall lady bent low, smiling.

So pretty

She reminded me of my mother. But then my eyes fell onto the girl in front of me. Smiling brightly she introduced herself and invited me to play. Though I was scared at first, soon she became my best friend.

FIFTH GRADE

"Care come on!" I pull my friend from under the sheets. It was our first day of fifth grade and this lazy child wouldn't get up! I tried tickling her, playing loud music but nothing seemed to work. She was glued to the bed.

Having enough, I sighed and then mumbled "you've left me no choice!" and jumped on top of her earning a loud scream.

"GET OFF IDIOT I AM AWAKE!!" she screeched and I smiled in satisfaction. She got up while rubbing her eyes, casually throwing glares in my direction but I smiled. "Come to Genovia in one hour!!" I announce and jumped out of her bed.