[6]

the special party.

[Liam's outfit]

LIAM

Birthdays wasn't my style. Now I am not the kind of guy who is all macho and a loner to hate birthdays but having eyes on me the entire day? That terrifies me. Of course Caroline went the extra mile today by making a special breakfast, holding my bag, wishing me every minute of the day and of course spoiling me with a bundle of gifts. "You don't have to do all this..." my eyes bulged out seeing the number of gifts she bought me. "You wasted your pocket money" I picked up a small gift and began unwrapping.

It was a ring. A glamorous Cartier ring. Examining it closely, I saw the initials "CL" on it and I felt a smile tugging on my lips. "You like?" she examined my expression curiously and I bent low to leave a long lasting peck on her forehead. "I love" I replied.

"Open the rest when we are back from your party" she quickly hopped off my bed, rummaging behind my closet. Now knowing Care I knew that disturbing her would just cost me my life so I scrolled through my phone, replying to wishes and waited for her.

"HERE!" she screamed and with a panicked look I faced her but a wide gleam on her face emerged. "This will be your outfit" she ordered. It was a red shirt that I never wore. Wine red. She also pulled out black skinny jeans, chain, and a variety of silver rings that matched perfectly. I had to admit she had style. "Thanks sweetie. Now shoo let me get ready!" I push her out of my room frantically.

CAROLINE

Adorning my earrings, I was finally ready for the party. I donned a long sleeved, low back black gown, silver three inch heels, the necklace Li gifted me, two silver rings and a sleek black sling bag. Touching up my face with light pink lipstick, I had completed my look for the joyous evening.

"Mom!" I yelled from downstairs.

"Coming dear!" she yelled back. Everyone seemed to be texting me asking about details to the venue. Replying to them all, my mom and dad finally arrived downstairs.

"Come you two. I want to take a picture" I pushed my parents together and after a few clicks we were ready to set off. My parents would drive ahead first but I chose to go with Li. The sun had just passed the horizon so we still had time. The party didn't start until 7:30.

Locking the door, I bid goodbye to my parents and then turned to head over to Liam's. But I guess he was already waiting for me. "Hey" he whispered from across the lawn but I heard him clearly. My eyes hungrily stared at his figure. Hot was just an understatement. It was weird to see him look this good but I had to admit he looked ethereal. His long hair fell onto his eyes as usual, his cross earrings dangled from the ears. "Can't get enough of me?" he teasingly smirked isolating me from my thoughts.

"Shut up" my head jolting to the side, heat climbing up to my face.

"You look sexy Care" his voice echoed. I shot up my head towards him and indeed his eyes scanned me like I was his dinner for the night. He certainly enjoyed teasing me since he took his own sweet time by eyeing me up and down till I walked up to him. "Fuck off" I slap his bicep and laughing he held my arm. His knees bent low, his head coming closer to my right ear. His voice died down several octaves lower as he grazed against my ear "I can't take my eyes off of you".

The hot feeling crept back in once again. Daring not to face him, I felt his piercing gaze on my side profile, the insides of my stomach curling with every passing second. My hands clasped itself into fists as I tried to steady the raising beats of my heart but unfortunately I couldn't. The feeling was completely different and new. He pulled back grinning from ear to ear and after fifteen minutes we commenced the drive.

My mind cluttered itself with the unexpected moment that happened minutes ago. I tilted my head, watching the birthday boy gaze at the beautiful London view but my eyes gauged him. I wasn't sure if he realised I was shamefully staring but in that moment, it wasn't a concern. His husky voice beside my ears, the way my fingers urged to hold him, the urge I felt to close the gap between him and I...

Holy Fuck!

What the hell was I even thinking? Did I actually think of kissing my best friend? Tearing my eyes away from the boy, I concentrated on the evening London view, punishing myself for the horrifying and dirty thoughts I conjured up in my head. Those thoughts were unfathomable and I dared not to ever see him in that light.

+

We arrived at the location and parked the car. "Ready birthday boy?" I locked my arm through his and together we stepped into the magnificent hotel.

"Wait Care..." Liam held my elbow pulling me back while his parents went on forth. Head facing him, I raised an eyebrow questioning him through my expression. "Here.." he pulled out a light pink rose and a gasp exhaled through my lips. "What is this for?" I take in the beautiful flower in my hand, clutching the stem with both hands.

"It completes you" he simply added and then hand in hand, we entered the noisy hall.

And me?

The same feelings were back. The hotness, red cheeks, stomach doing flips, my teeth chewing on my lower lip. These emotions were completely foreign and I had no time to ponder over these weak feelings. It was best to push them aside for now.

hmp<3