[14]

feelings and jealousy?

CAROLINE

The practice sessions had commenced. Every morning from 10-11 and 2-4 were our practices. By the end of the week, it was safe to say I was knackered from all the running around and memorising scripts. Jackson had been a big help, trying to make this as comfortable as possible. But whatever he said that day, still rested heavily on my heart.

Practice had ended and while I was trudging along the school garden, I noticed Savannah eyeing me with an evil grin plastered across her face. "What do you want Sav?" I sighed, my battery level dying out.

"Die please" she replied and turned around, applying lipstick and kissing a guy who was beside her. Disgusted, I turn away and bumped into Jackson, who looked just as tired as I did.

"Hey" he smiled, offering to carry my bags but I politely declined. "Tired?"

"Well that is one way of putting it" I smile and together we began walking towards the bus stop. We had to stay back longer than usual which meant we had to avail the public transport. Having Jackson beside me was good since I had company.

"You're amazing when you're acting" he admitted, his eyes twinkling. I smile in gratitude and waited for the bus to arrive.

"Hey wanna grab some coffee—-"

"No she will not"

I turn around to see my best friend, glaring towards Jackson.

"Li?" I ask in surprise as I walk up to him. I could feel his penetrating gaze but the excitement of seeing him clouded my mind.

"Excuse me?" Jackson questioned, stepping forward towards Liam.

"I said she will not. She will not be drinking coffee with you. I already brought her coffee and a snack. I can take her from here thanks" Liam replied, his hands raising as he handed me coffee and a donut.

"Thanks Li!!" I squealed in joy, grabbing the food, devouring it.

"Let's go" he reached for my bag, pulling it as he threw it behind his shoulder and he immediately laced his fingers through mine. "Bye Jackson!" I yell out from behind, waving while heartily enjoying my snack.

I allowed myself to shut my brain off since Li was here and heartily enjoyed my meal when he paused in the tracks, making me look up questioningly with a mouth full of icing.

"I will be picking you up after practice from now on" he spoke out, a hint of annoyance laced through his words.

"Are you mad about something Li?" I sighed, while sipping on my coffee.

LIAM

I pondered over her question even once we got home. Laying down on my bed, my mind rushed through my actions that happened minutes ago. I couldn't deny the obvious annoyance I felt when he asked her out on a coffee date. I mean, she was my best friend after all. Protectiveness comes along with it.

But what annoyed me was the sinking feeling from the pit of my stomach, warning me that this wasn't just some protectiveness feeling. But my thoughts were discontinued when Caroline barged into my room.

"Practice lines with me?" she raised her hand that contained multiple papers and I nodded.

"How was your day?"

"Bio and Chem test" I replied lazily.

"Full marks?"

"Of course" I smiled proudly, pulling out my test papers. I was indeed a science nerd. And my dream is to become neurosurgeon.

"I have to tell you something" Caroline crawled under the covers, her back resting against the bed frame as I waited for her to continue.

"So colleges... Actually I was looking at NYU Tisch School of Arts" she nervously fidgeted with her fingers but a wide grin splashed across my face.

"Damn, great choice"

"I wanted to ask you, about your college choices" she suggested, leaning closer to me.

"Harvard or Johns Hopkins" I smiled, tilting my head towards the posters of the logos I had stuck recently.

"Okay but enough chit chat. Time to practice" I smile, grabbing the handful of papers, glancing through the words quickly.

CAROLINE

Liam sighed, his head finally leaning back against the frame, a joyous victory rushing through us. After four hours, I finally had my lines prepared and I was beyond grateful to my idiot.

Just then my ringtone interrupted the silence and Liam grabbed his, his eyebrows crashing together in annoyance. "Why the hell is he calling you?"

"Who?" I ask and grabbed the phone when I smiled and answered. "Hey Jackson!" I replied cheerily.

"To the park? Now? Sure of course! On my way!" and I cut the call, moving towards the door but Liam pounced from his bed, locking the door.

"Move aside dummy"

"Why are you visiting him now? It's late!"

"It's just 7. And it's the park which is right around the corner. Chill out" I laugh and attempted for the door but this time he grabbed my hand, gently pushing my body against the wall as his piercing eyes glared into mine. I felt my breath hitch at the proximity, my heart hammering against my rib cage.

My eyes travelled from his eyes down to his lips, visions popping through my head as I shook them aside but it was impossible to do so.

"Cat got your tongue?" he smirked, a devilish grin sprawled across his face and I was quick to push him aside and I lunged towards the door.

"Die lonely" I smiled, throwing the middle finger and scurried down the stairs, the hot rush in my cheeks slowly dissipating.

LIAM

I watched her through my window.

I was so sure of one thing.

She certainly had feelings for me.

hmp<3

i love you.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara