[5]

the surprise.

CAROLINE

"Liam!!!" I yell from downstairs. Today breakfast was at his place since my parents had to visit my grandparents. "Honey can you go kick his butt?" Linda, his mom, was busy doing the laundry. "Sure" I smiled and then I headed upstairs.

His room was messy as always. His dirty clothes thrown on the floor, books stacked everywhere around the tables, wrappers thrown on the bed, empty cans and bunch of other filth. "Ugh"

"GET UP!" I yelled right near his ears making him flinch so badly that his head banged into mine.

"OW!" I whined while rubbing my forehead furiously. His tired eyes narrowed at my arrival and groaned before slumping back down. "Get lost" he groaned, hugging the pillow tighter. "Count of three you better get up" I threatened and began counting down. His scared ass jumped up the minute I said one. "Make it quick"

Breakfast was amusing as usual. Not a day goes by without Liam and Linda fighting over the silliest of matters. Whereas Tom, his dad, and I are left to watch the comedy. More like dark comedy. Today's point of argument was Liam's sleep schedule. Naturally it bothered Linda that her son wouldn't get the right amount of sleep, which was indeed a point of concern for me too, but after a point I gave up trying to make him understand.

"Mom chill" he whined while stuffing down a mouthful of cereal. Undisturbed by their squabbles, I continued to read my book as usual until it was time to leave for school. Today would be our first day with our new extra curricular clubs so deep down I was elevated.

"Bye guys" we left.

"What time did you sleep?"

"5"

"Li that's unbelievably late. You are legit running on two hours of sleep!" I gasped. Of course he dismissed my concern and typed away on his phone. Annoyed by his attitude, I pull out my earphones and we ignored each other completely.

School was simply the usual. Except with just one change. I ignored Liam the whole day. His attitude made me want to punch his face so before I actually hurt him, I decided to keep a distance.

Liam tried all day to make conversation but I was silent. I had to show him that if he wasn't going to take care of himself then I wouldn't bother being his friend. Our friends kept pushing me to speak to him but I was quite adamant.

"Guys I am going to have lunch elsewhere. You all go" and I dipped.

"Hey Caroline!! Come here!!!" Nathan smiled. Him and Skylar were now apparently a thing and I walked over to them. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all!" Skylar smiled.

"Thank you"

"Are you fighting with Liam again?" Nathan giggled and I sighed in frustration. "Shut up Nathan but yes I am" and I heard Skylar giggling too. "Forgive him then" she teased but I immediately shook my head. "No thanks he needs to learn a lesson" I furiously stabbed the fork into the chicken and began eating my lunch.