[12]

my infinity

LIAM

And soon after, we bid goodbye to the peaceful summer as school season had spread around Brighton. And soon Care and I were faced with another back to school morning. We were now sophomores.

"I cannot believe how quickly freshmen year went by!" Caroline sighed, her eyes scanning her script. The extra curriculars continued and Caroline had auditions. This year the school had decided to host a special drama, you guessed it, Romeo and Juliet. Caroline wanted nothing more than to get that part and I wanted nothing more than her wish being satisfied.

"Calm down dummy" I teased but she hadn't heard me. Watching her, the bus soon came to a creaky stop in front of us and we hopped in.

Our friend group had come back together, for the most part. Meghan and Caroline were friends but certainly a spark had died between them. However it was for the best. "Hey guys" Susan smiled and waved us over.

"Hey" I replied happily. I sat beside Josh and a nudge from him made me look up. "Is she okay?" he whispered, afraid of her hearing his comment as my eyes passed towards Caroline, her eyes and nose attached to the script.

"Care?" I call out softly but her eyes and nose were still stuck onto the script. Meghan passed me a reassuring look and slowly got up, shaking her friend. "Earth to Caroline?"

"Sorry sorry" Caroline hurriedly sat beside Meghan before absorbing herself back into the script. Passing a few concerned glances, we decided to keep our mouths shut for our own sake but every now and then, my eyes were drawn to her figure, concerned.

School was bustling about like usual. Since the seniors graduated, there were so many notes and letters on the notice board. "Damn" I echoed.

Caroline walked into me, losing her step and without another look I hurriedly wrap my hand around her waist, pulling her onto her feet. "You idiot!" she cussed and I narrowed my eyes down to her. "You were the one who wasn't looking and now you blame me?" I questioned but I got no response.

"Gonna go! Auditions start in thirty minutes! Wish me luck!!"

"Luck!" I yelled out and watched her figure run down the hall before turning to attend classes. Biology was first for me.

Meghan hurried up towards me and I passed her a smile. "Will we be able to watch Caroline?"

"Dunno. I want to so badly" I sighed dejectedly.

"Which class do you have?" I ask and she stopped in front of a classroom. "This is me. Business. Also doesn't Caroline have her session today? How has it been going?" Meghan queried.

"She didn't go much last year though I tried to push her" I sighed when Savannah swung by. "Sessions??? Oh does poor little Miss Hudgens need to go to a therapist because she's crazyyyy??" she slurred on her words, attempting to sound cute but I wished nothing more than to smack her face.