[9]

arguments.

AN POV

"LIAM! How could you?!?!?" Meghan screamed, startling the two who were fast asleep. Liam's eyes blinked rapidly as his eyes scanned the situation before they widened in fear. "Wait wait baby it's not what you think!!!!" his voice cracked as he quickly pulled the heavy covers away from his body. "Meghan please" his steps inched forward but Meghan's eyes were focused on Caroline, who remained quite confused to the situation.

"Care how could you....?" Meg's eyes, filled with tears, stared at her best friend with every ounce of pain aching against her heart.

Caroline lifted her body up, moving towards her friend, a fixed expression borne on her face. "Meghan none of this is what you think it is. I fell asleep here and I think Li came to check up on me and fell asleep beside me"  Caroline's eyes met Meghan's teary ones. Her heart crushed at the sight of her best friend but she knew that Meghan was also jumping into conclusions.

"I always knew something was going on between you two...." Meghan whispered, her eyes darting among the two, who shook their head vigorously.

LIAM

"Baby please..."

"Shut up do not call me that!" she yelled, her voice breaking as a lump of tears clogged her throat. My eyes were only on my girl and I attempted to move towards her but she raised her hand. "Do not"

"Meg there is nothing between us" Caroline's voice echoed behind me as I nodded in agreement. "Don't lie to me! We all knew! We all had doubts!!" she shouted back, her fists clenching the hem of her skirt. My eyes softened as I spared a glance to Caroline, who now had a droplet pouring down her cheek as she harshly rubbed her face.

"Meg I have been your best friend since the first grade. When have I ever lied to you? Yes Liam and I are close but I know how to respect boundaries when he is in a relationship!" Caroline voiced back, moving a step closer to her, the tears now rapidly rolling down her cheek. Yet Meghan had no change in her facial expression. Her heart and mind still hadn't believed us.

"You are such a cheater Liam Walters! And you too Caroline Hudgens!"

"OKAY MEGHAN FUCK YOU!" Care screamed, her hands slamming against a table, fury and sadness swirling around her. Her breaths turned into rasps as I stared between the two girls, the two best friends who were now standing against each other.

"How dare you?! How dare you call him and me a cheater?! HOW FUCKING DARE YOU?!? This man right here has done everything to keep you happy. Hell he was even planning a special birthday surprise party for you yesterday before your date! When has he ever put you second?! Has he ever said no to you?! WHEN HAVE I EVER HURT YOU?! When have I ever lied to you?! I tell you everything going on in my life and you choose to call me a cheater?! I was the happiest for you two. Why would I want to take your man?! And after what... twelve years is it? You still can't trust me?! Then I don't need a friend like you! So Meghan stay the fuck away from me okay?!"