[10]

creepy dude and a party.

CAROLINE

Summer had sank in the city of Brighton. Ever since school had closed, I had coped up with my free time by sleeping in or reading books. My friends invited us to hang out but I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to face Meghan just yet.

Liam had gone over to visit his grandparents so it was just me and my disturbing own thoughts. Time dragged on and every day was the same. My parents who were now concerned about my well-being, attempted to cheer me up but it was of no use.

"Sweetie?" my mom called from downstairs as I pull my jacket over my shoulder and headed down the stairs.

"What's wrong mom?" I reply back. "We have to attend your father's office party dear. Get ready" she smiled and disappeared into the bedroom. Sighing, I head back upstairs when my phone rang.

Looking at the caller id, I sighed and pushed aside my phone. Meghan had tried to contact me every day since school had closed for the summer. Yet I was weak to face her though I had done nothing wrong.

However worrying about her wasn't a priority at the moment. I took a shower, donned a short black dress and paired the outfit with some black two inch heels. The necklace Liam gave was the one I wore all the time and I decided to match it with some earrings and rings. Completing the look with a sling bag, I hurried downstairs to run into my parents having a sweet moment of their own.

Purely disgusted I cleared my throat loud enough to grab their attention. They passed a cheeky smile towards me and we hopped inside the car as my father drove into the city, the Brighton night view capturing my heart.

+

The party indeed was beyond extravagant. The rich delicacies, numerous varieties of drinks and the large crowd made it look like a party for the Queen. My father and mother began mingling among the crowd and I was left to do whatever I wished for.

Those look yummy , I wondered to myself while slowly getting attracted to the food. Grabbing a plate, I began filling up when a young man walked up towards me.

"Hey" he smiled and I smiled back quickly. His look wasn't inviting at all and I wished nothing more than to escape his presence. "Where are your parents?"

"I do not think that's your business sir" I replied and turned away, disappearing into the crowd before he could chase me. However luck wasn't on my side. His eyes met mine while I was grabbing some dessert and he slowly moved towards me, his eyes eating me out, a look of thirst dancing in his eyes as they scanned my body from top to bottom. A smirk displayed on his face as he came closer to me once again.