[4]

interesting truth or dare.

LIAM

Being in the same class since first grade meant that no matter how much we hated some, we still knew everything about them. That was the situation with Savannah.

"Hey you guys made it!!" she greeted us by the door like any normal host. She wore a short pink cotton dress matched with a light pink makeup look and heels. In all honesty, it wasn't flattering.

"Is this what you chose to wear to a party Hudgens?" her eyes eyed her up and down while a disgusted frown appeared on her pink coloured face. I could almost sense the set of curse words erupting from her mouth but I quickly pinched her arm to remind her to behave. Caroline casually threw a forced smile to Savannah and excused herself to use the washroom.

"I will go with her!" Meghan squeaked and soon all the girls had disappeared. Sighing and knowing well in fact what she would do, I prayed silently to ensure that the girls could handle her outburst.

The party was definitely a big hit.

From spotlight and dj to a whole chocolate fountain, Savannah had really gone all out for this. Like usual. My eyes thoroughly searched for my dear best friend who went missing completely until I saw her. Her eyes too were scanning each and every person trying to identify me. "Here!" I tried yelling but the screams were too deafening to actually hear anyone. I noticed Susan point at me and the girls ran up to us as if we had been apart for over a decade. "Hey you okay?" I ask and Caroline passed me a reassuring smile.

Taking it as a confirmation, I grabbed Caroline's and Nic's hands and pulled them onto the dance floor. We had come to enjoy ourselves so that's what we intended to do.

CAROLINE

DJ sessions were a workout indeed. After almost four hours of continuous dancing, we finally gave up on our bodies and sank onto a few beanbags. It was a complete surprise to still see some dancing but my stomach wouldn't take it no more. My whole body begged to go home and rest but it wasn't a plausible option.

I scooted towards Liam, pushing his slumped body back and then placed my head on his lap. On cue, his hands immediately ran through my hair and he kept playing with my hair. "Guys I think I might throw up" Claire faked a puking gesture for the natural dramatic behaviour but we all had to agree on this.

"You okay?" I heard Liam. I nodded.

"You?" I asked. His face dripped in sweat, his hair stuck onto his eyes like glue, sweat dripping from the ends. I felt a droplet fall down onto my face and then his hand cupped my cheek to rub it aside. All through this, my eyes bored into his. And his into mine. I was searching. I was searching for something behind those brown curtains but all I could see was darkness. Was it because there was nothing? Or was it because I wasn't searching hard enough? Or was it because I never understood what I was searching for?