Chapter Ten

Johnathan

I'm literally bouncing on my toes right now. Oh this is gonna be fun. I had my camera poised ready for a Kodak moment. I was standing just outside the shower waiting.

"Oh god! Aah!" Carter screamed. I pulled back the shower curtain and started snapping away all the while laughing like a maniac. Carter was stomping on the real looking spiders I strategically placed to fall all around him when he turned on the water. 

"Die motherfucker! Die!"  he shouted. "The fuck you laughing at?! There's spiders everywhere!" he shouts, eyes wide.

I continued laughing and snapped a couple more of his confused face.

"They're not real ass." I chuckled resting my camera on the counter and started picking up my little friends.

"What! What the hell Johnathan!?" he screamed shoving at my shoulder. I laughed again.

"Johnathan..." he sounded so calm. I looked up. Oh shit. Carter looks pissed. I scrambled away and ran out the bathroom with Carter hot on my heels. His arms came around me as he tackles me to the floor.

"Get off me asshat!" I shoved at his shoulders but he wouldn't budge.

"You better apologize right now Johnathan." he says solemnly. Like hell I would.

"Never!" I screamed dramatically and wiggled out from under him. He caught me by my ankle and dragged me back under him. I giggled remembering his girlish scream.

Carter pinched my nipple and twisted it hard. I shrieked in pain while he did the same to the other. "Carter! I'm going to kill you!" 

"No, you're going to take your punishment like a big boy and go make dinner or I'll give you a wedgie." he glared. I glared back.

"Fine you stupid jackass." I gritted out when he started pulling on the waistband of my briefs. He smirked and releases me.

I stomped off into the kitchen banging around the pans and pots. "Fucking stupid idiot. Threatening me! Me?"  I grumbled deciding to make us omelets. Then I got the best idea in the world. I smirked and began cooking in earnest.

"Come! Sit. Eat." I sound like a fucking housewife. Carter looks at me quizzically. I smiled widely and dug into my food.

"Smells great." Carter says slowly cutting a piece of his omelet. He shoved it into his mouth and chewed for a dew seconds. He blanched and started spitting out the food grabbing for his glass of water. He took a big gulp and spat that out all over himself. I started laughing when he chanted, "Oh god! Oh god!"  rushing to the sink.

I put a heap of salt in his omelet and the water too. Payback is such a salty bitch.

"Why would you do something like that? It's as if you turned evil since high school." he asked wiping up his mess while I laughed and threw out the food. I shook my head and took out the extra salt less omelet and placed it on the table.

"I promise I didn't fuck with this one." I giggled when Carter stepped away from it as if it was a live bomb.

We had a peaceful night. That is until the following Friday. I got a ghost recording and set up my grandmother's record player. It was two in the morning when I snuck out of bed and put it on. I snuck back in and shook Carter awake.

"Carter? Carter!" I practically shoved him off the bed.

"Huh? Wha..." he mumbled rubbing his eyes. Then he froze as a woooo! Sounded.

"Carter do you hear that?" I whispered grabbing onto his arm like a damsel in distress. I flicked on the bedroom lights.

"What the fuck was that?" Carter whispered back.

"I don't know! Go check it out!" I shoved him off the bed. He gives me a wide eyed stare.

"You claim to love me and you won't protect me?" I widened my eyes dramatically and let my bottom lip tremble a bit.

I hid my smirk when he gulped and Tentatively got out of bed. He walked to the door and slowly opened it. I off course followed him taking a white bed sheet with me. I hid just behind the door and waited for him to come back.

"There's nothing ther-... Johnathan?" Carter says looking around the room. Just then another woooo! Sounded and I jumped out behind him, "Argh!"  Carter screamed so loud and several octaves higher than any man should, seriously the man could give Mariah Carey a run for her money.

I pulled off the bed sheet and started laughing even though my ears were ringing.

"Carter?" he was frozen on the spot. Almost green.

"How... How could you do something like that?" he whispered. His body trembled a bit. Shit.

"Carter it was just a joke. I'm sorry." I said standing in front of him and rubbing my hands up and down his arms trying to calm him down. I feel like an ass now.

I took him and showed him how I set up the prank so that he won't be so scared anymore. He was so pale. I warmed a glass of milk for him when a knock came at the door.

I peeked through the peep hole and saw a police man on my doorstep.

"Police open up!" I swung open the door and greeted the cop.

"Good morning sir. I'm Officer Donell. We had a report of screams coming from your house is everything alright?" he asked looking behind me.

"Hi. Good morning officer. Yes everything is fine. My roommate had a bad dream and that's what the screaming was about. Would you like to come in?" I said stepping away from the door.

He followed me to the kitchen and Carter gave me questioning look. "Carter? You ok?"  he nodded and sipped his milk looking a but scared still. "Alright, this is officer Donell, he had a report if screaming coming from our house and he just came to make sure everything is ok."

"Hi." Carter whispered, "Everything is fine. Just a bad dream." he gulped.

"Alright sir, are you sure you're ok?" officer Donell asked Carter.

He nodded, "yes I am. Just a really scary dream."

"Alright then you have a good day sirs." he says exiting the kitchen.

"Would you like a cup of coffee before you go?"

"Oh no. Don't worry sir."

"No, no. It's no problem it's almost finished anyway."

I made a to go cup for officer Donell and he left.

Carter was still pretty shaken up so instead of him spooning and hugging me. I did. He didn't sleep but we stayed cuddled together until it was time for work.

I honestly feel like crap. I really scared Carter.

From now on, no more pranks. God he's such a baby. I hate this feeling in the pit of my stomach seeing him scared like that. Ugh! Stop falling for him.

A/N

A/N

another fun filled chapter. vote and comment, let me know what you think.