Chapter Seventeen

Johnathan

"You liar." I shook Carter by the lapels of his coat. I didn't stop. I just kept shaking him.

"Johnny why are you shaking daddy like that?" Carlene asks.

"Well sweetie I'm trying to shake his soul out of him." I smiled sweetly at her still shaking the living daylights out of Carter.

I stopped because I was out of breath.

"I didn't lie Johnathan. I just didn't tell you about my job." he says picking up Carlene and walking into my apartment.

"Johnathan don't be angry." he pleads.

"I'm way past angry. Try spitting mad." I hissed. I went into my bedroom and locked the door.

About ten minutes later a knock came at my door "hey Johnathan? Um.. I sent Carlene home. Can we please talk?" Carter asks from behind the door.

I opened the door and started smacking him across the shoulder. "I bet you laughed your head off at me!" I shrieked.

"No! Baby no!" Carter hugs me, pinning my arms to my sides.

"Why didn't you tell me Carter?" I asked. Did he not trust me?

"It was refreshing. I was just Carter the asshole from high school to you. Not billionaire Carter, sexiest man alive to you." he says quietly. "I liked that I didn't have to be that. Just Carter." he sighed.

Guess I can understand that.

"I liked you Carter. But this is too much." I murmured.

"What's the difference? I'm still the same. Wait. You don't like me anymore?" he says in confusion.

"Carter, I still like you. Just. I feel like I'm out of my dept with you now. Knowing who you really are now just trips up my head." I muttered.

"Well, all I can say is that I'm the same Carter you thought I was the last time you saw me. I love you the same as I've always and that's never going to change. You're the asshole of my dreams, remember?" my heart melted. A sticky gooey puddle at his feet. he kisses my forehead and steps back. I face palmed. Well Fuck! I fell for him.

"And what was all that about 'wooing'  me?" i raised a brow at him.

"What are you on about? What in the everloving... Johnathan what do you think I've been doing all this time? You think I get lost three times in Dubai looking for a hand made kurta for just anybody?" he scoffed. Well I do guess I have a lot to learn about wooing, Carter's brand of wooing.

"I must say though, your brand of wooing just paid off." I swear Carter just had a heart attack. His whole body jolted. Then he kissed me. God did he kiss me. I can honestly say I've never been kissed like this. Like I was the best thing since they started putting ready made food in trays at the supermarkets.

"Just so you know I'm in it for your body. I just bagged the sexiest man alive." I mumbled against his lips.

"Nmh... What makes you think I'm in this for anything less?" I felt him smile against my lips.

Our relationship dynamic changed in some ways and didn't in others. I still insulted him as often I can. He took it in stride. He thinks it's my way of flirting with him. And maybe he's right. I did like being the asshole of his dreams.

But now that we were an item, lawd! The press just ate it up. I was cool with it. They didn't badger me that badly. Ok they did but I threatened to castrate a few and plug some holes with a hot poker and I was left alone for the most part.

I found out some things that I didn't want to know but it was pertinent information concerning Carlene. Her mom was none other than Arlene Compton. Head bitch back when we were in high school. She thought Carter would marry her. And when he didn't she did a complete 360. She started verbally abusing Carlene. And Carter took her to court, got sole custody.

Carter keeps being his usual puppy like self. Three months and going strong. We haven't had sex though. And I decided it was time. I was going to get in his pants tonight.

But all that was shot to hell when we went to the store. I decided to cook something for Carter when he comes back tonight.

So there Carlene and I were. Walking down the aisles to pick up ingredients for pasta when Carlene started pulling on my shirt.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she looks as if she's seen a ghost. I hoist her up and she wraps her little arms around my neck and buries her head in my chest.

"Who are you? And what the fuck are you doing with my daughter?" I may not be Fond of the little persons but even i had enough sense to not cuss in front of them.

"Excuse me?" wait a minute. That's Arlene Compton.

"You heard me fucktard." and there she goes trying to take Carlene away from me. Carlene started crying and tightened her arms and legs around me. I still can't believe Carter fucked this bitch? No offense Carlene. I mentally add.

"Listen here woman. Do not lay one finger on this child." I said firmly stepping a few feet away.

"What the fuck are you on about. That's my child!" she shrieked. I could smell the Alco on her breath. She looked a mess. Like she was gang banged or something.

"Lady. I know for a fact that you have no rights over this child and I would appreciate it if you back the heck away before I call the po-po on you." I whipped out my phone and pressed 911. I glared at her. She shrieked. Like a banshee.

"That's my child! That's my fucking child!" she shouts. People were staring. Whispering and Carlene was choking the hell out of me with those little arms.

I don't know how things went downhill but we ended up at the precinct. Me trying to explain what went down over Carlene's bawling and her mom's screeching, the cops questions. I gave one of the Officers Carter's number and next thing Carter's there taking Carlene from me.

"I didn't know this would have happened." I said to him.

"What the hell Johnathan?" he was screaming at me. I've never been in a situation like this. I didn't know what to say. I tried touching Carlene but he shifted her away from me. God that stung.

"I'm sorry Carter. It's all a big mistake." I say over all the talking.

"You had no right to put her in a situation like this." he says emotionlessly. I didn't know what to say. I was overwhelmed.

"I - I never thought this would happen Carter." I pleaded. "Ut was a mistake-" SMACK!

Did he just slap me? The stinging across my cheek was answer enough.

"The only mistake I made was trusting you with my baby. You are not her father. You don't know what's best for her." he says coldly and walked away.

What just happened?

Like seriously, what the fuck just happened?

I was leaking. Big fat drops of tears and let me tell you, I don't cry. Ever. Gad! That jerk! Made me fall in love with him and now look at me.

 Gad! That jerk! Made me fall in love with him and now look at me

A/N

Didn't see that coming huh?

comment and vote!