Chapter Sixteen

Johnathan

"Johnathan! Hi Lisa!" Carter came running into the diner.

"Hello jackass." I greeted him. I'm trying to keep my distance. I'm really trying. I even stole my keys from him and pretended to be out when he came from his last trip.

"You've been avoiding me." he states. Smart boy.

"Um.. No.." deny. Deny. Deny.

"Yes you have but that's not the reason I'm here." I quirked a brow at him.

"I need a favor so huge you'd charge me an arm and a leg." ookkaayyy.... Let's let him dream I'd even grant him said favor. I crossed my arms.

"I need you to look after Carlene for me." the man even went down on his knees.

"no." I don't know what kind of demon overtook him to even think about me and little people in the same sentence.

"Johnathan please! I have to leave tomorrow for Budapest." that don't got nothing to do with me. I gave him a bored stare.

"Please! My parents are in Spain and my sister and her husband are in Jamaica, probably for the weed." he wailed.

"Find somebody else." I went about my business picking up dirty dishes.

"I have nobody else! And Carlene really likes you!" cue the puppy dog eyes. God!

"Don't give me those eyes! Stop it! You look like an ass... istant!" two sets of puppy dog eyes now.

"Hi Johnny." Carlene says shyly. The little person gave me a nickname. Ugh!

"Hi beautiful." I smiled for her benefit.

She took one look at Carter and scrunched up her face. "He said no didn't he daddy?" she looks at me, lips quivering.

Carter grimaced looking almost as heartbroken as her. "I don't wanna stay with Aunt Mary. Sara makes fun off me because you like boys and she pulls my hair! And Aunt Mary always says you're blas.. Blasphe... Blasphemy for liking boys and makes me pray for you not to go to hell!" Carlene was bawling down the place clutching at Carter's legs.

"It's alright baby. I'll talk with Aunt Mary." Carter says patting her head.

My heart clenched. No! Shut your mouth Johnathan!

"I'm taking care of you Carlene don't worry." no! What have I done?

She squealed and was now clutching at my legs. I awkwardly patted her back. I looked around in bewilderment. Lisa gave me a thumbs up.

Now here I am with the little person staring at me while I stared back. Shit.

"So?"

"So?"

"What do your kind do for entertainment?" she raised a brow. "And how old are you anyway?"

"I'm seven and what is entertainment?" Carlene asks looking excited at the big word.

"For fun. What does your kind do for fun?" I crossed my arms.

"Oh? Um... " she was thinking hard. I could tell cause she squinted just like Carter does. Gah! Just stay out of my head jerk!

"How about we make a cake?" she squealed and dashed into the kitchen. Damn, the kid can run.

I was measuring the oil when flour hit me in the chest. Just stay calm Johnny boy.

Thud!

It was in my eyes now. Hell no.

"You are so dead." I muttered. Carlene still looked clueless until she looks at my face. Then to my hands just as I emptied two handfuls over her head. And thus started the fight of the ingredients. We were a mess. The kitchen a mess. Flour, salt, sugar, everywhere.

"Soo... Do you like my dad?" I froze with the shower head in my hand.

I was trying to wash the flour out of Carlene's hair. "Um... I guess?"
Awkward.

"Well daddy told me he loves you and one day he's going to marry you and I'll have two daddies." she says matter of factly, blowing bubbles off her hand.

"Really?" So Carter was making plans without me.

"Yea. He says you make his heart beat fast and he gets butterflies in his tummy. I'd like to have two daddies." should a kid be talking bout this. And sounding so grown up too.

"Why?" I asked going back to washing her hair.

"Cuz mommies suck." she gives me those doe eyes. God, I just wanna squish the life out of her. So adorable.

"How come?" I asked softly running my fingers through her clean hair.

"My mommy hates me. She says so. She's mean and drinks the funny smelling stuff all the time." she muttered. Aww... My heart hurts for her. No kid should think their parents hate them.

"But daddy says its because mommy is sad." she squints.

I help her out the tub and dry her up and getting her dressed for bed. The poor thing

Since then I made it my mission to show Carlene a good time. I kept her quite often after that, even though Carter's parents were back.

It was Carlene's and I last day together when she turned on the tv. "Look! Johnny daddy's on tv!" Carlene squealed. I dashed out of my room and lo and behold Carter in all his glory was on some talk show. Damn he looks good in a suit.

"One last question Mr Lendor." the host smirked. "I'm sure every body wants to know whether or not you are spoken for. I mean you are the most eligible bachelor, voted one of the sexiest men alive, billionaire and CEO of your own company which you started on your own Carter Incorporated. Do you have a special someone?" oh my god! Billionaire? CEO? Carter Incorporated? Oh god! No way! How could I not know!

Carter gives his signature smile. "Why yes I do. Had my eyes on them since high school." my heart beats fast and my knees felt weak. "I'm currently trying to woo them." he chuckles.

"Ah! And how does this person feel about having the interest of the Carter Lendor?" the host leans forward as if dying to know.

"Actually they don't know about my job, or that I'm a billionaire. All they know is that I'm borderline stalking them and the guy from high school who was a grade A ass to them." he says smiling.

"Oh? Well ladies and gentlemen there you have it. Another exclusive from Mr Carter Lendor, founder of Carter Incorporated. And good luck trying to catch the apple of your eyes." my jaw was on the ground. The little shit!

I.... I'm going to skin him alive.

A/N

Hehe!

@I3nor3
@ChristinaPorter
@omnivore
@voodoo_child
@Mz_Shy
@SherylLongridgeDee
@LouisGon22
@Derpina101
@afu27597
@Adict-101
@YashaGreyy
@KishanLalseta
@kittencraz99
@goldenheart20
@lil0ash
@DragonCorpse_5
@DanielleWilson89
@SuzettePeters
@Bastet_Moon