Chapter 22- Sam (Edited)

"So, why can't I wear a suit?" I asked, wincing when the seamstress poked me with a needle. "Or buy a dress?" I growled when she poked me harder. "Ouch, Avalon," I scowled.

"That is for last year," the seamstress, Avalon, scowled. "You didn't have to set to your pranking stuff in this room. And, do you really want a dress that doesn't compliment you?"

"Considering that I don't have to be poked, then yes," I replied. "And, Franklin had it coming. That young punk stole my bras and hung them up on the flagpole."

"That is because, you and the young princess placed pink dye in the young prince's shampoo."

I snickered. "His father was so mad," I said, shaking my head. "I swear, he wanted to laugh."

Avalon snorted and shook her head. "And, you set up one of your tricks in here. You scared poor Sophia half to death." She pulled at the skirt and stitched up another piece of it. "She is doing, fine by the way."

"Is she still afraid of me?"

Sylvia walked in when I said that. She looked very tired, and I hated the fact that she chose to work again.

"Of course," she said. "You can be really scary." She chuckled, bitterly and shook her head. "I am not scared of you, but I think that it is because I have seen what the king's father can do."

I shook my head, again amazed at how a man that had such a bad father could become a good one. "I still don't understand it," I said, causing her to raise her eyebrow. "I have seen the man that his brother became, and I am surprised that he hasn't acted like that."

"That is because I practically raised him in secret as to how to be a rightful and just king. I must warn you now, Sam, but the walls talk. I hope you know that whoever is listening might not be on the same team as you."

"I know," I replied. "I do have a favor to ask of you." I grunted when she poked me again with a needle.

She hummed for me to continue as she stitched up some of the dress. Her hands worked methodically, and I couldn't help but get lost in her work. "Continue," she said.

"Oh, right, right, I have this friend that is coming to the ball that is held in a week, do you think you can make her a dress?"

"Did you-" She paused and shook her head. "Never mind, I know that you did."

I smirked at her. "Her name is Avi, by the way."

"And you have some designs for her?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked down and nodded my head, a blush appearing on my face. I could draw different things and the only people that knew were Garrett, Cason, and Avalon. And, the only reason as to why Avalon knew about my drawings was because Cason and Garrett caught me drawing a dress and decide Avalon to make it.

And, that was how Avalon found out that I could draw. She tried to get me to design dresses for others, but I wouldn't do it. I was nervous, honestly. I never thought that my drawings were good which was why I never showed anyone.

"Hey, Sylvia?" I asked, acknowledging the female for the first time. I ignored the warning growl that Avalon did because if I didn't, I would have probably foiled Sylvia's plan.

Sylvia looked at me, her eyes were red from crying. It was tough on her, and for a second, I was not only mad at myself but mad at Garrett and whichever group put her through this. She didn't deserve this.

"In my back pocket, there is a piece of paper. Do you think that you can get it for me?"

Sylvia nodded her head, staying silent. She went behind the curtain to get the piece of paper as I asked.