Chapter 32- Thomas

I placed my hand on Sam's shoulder to stop her body from thrashing around like it had been. I had no idea what was happening, and it was freaking the hell out of me. I couldn't shake the image of her looking like pure evil, and I had no idea if she would be evil when she woke up.

The doctors had no idea what had happened to her, and I knew that that they were baffled when as soon as Sam had attacked Sylvia, Sylvia had disappeared into thin air. That meant they couldn't do an autopsy nor put Sam up for trial.

King Philip wasn't going to put her on trial, and I couldn't understand why. He kept saying something about her making a plan and not telling him.

Honestly, I didn't want to see her go on trial, because I knew that that female was not my Sam. She would not have killed someone if she hadn't been controlled.

"How is she?" Garrett asked walking into the room. He looked at her and looked at me, his face void of any emotion.

"Still the same like last night," I replied. I let go of her after she was done convulsing and sighed, feeling guilty that my mate was alive and his wasn't. "She has been convulsing more than usual. I want to know what is happening, but she is blocking me out."

"I want to say it serves her right but..." He shrugged his shoulder and chuckled coldly. "It's not her fault."

"Has the person that made the spell been found?" I asked, causing him to shake his head no. I huffed and moved a hand through my hair, grimacing. "Then I hope she doesn't wake up until then. She needs to be able to identify him."

"Even if she does wake up, she shouldn't know who did it," the King said, walking into the room. He lifted his hand to stop me from rising. "You are family now, Thomas," he said, looking at the ghost of the female that stole his heart. Pain filled his eyes, and I could tell that this was hurting him. "You don't have to stand."

I hesitantly sat back down and looked at the King. I think I understood what he meant by saying that I was family, but I couldn't help but wonder as to why he considered her his daughter.

The King sighed and moved a hand through his hair. "She has a lot of explaining to do when she wakes up," he said, causing Garrett to nod.

"However, it is going to be after the war, probably. She feels it, and I can feel her anxiety," Garrett said, looking down at her. Something like love filled his eyes, causing me to feel slightly jealous. "Why are you here anyways?" he asked, changing the subject.

"I need you both to come with me. I was wanting Sam as well, but..." He gestured to her lifeless body before looking at me. "I am sorry for taking you away from your mate."

I shrugged my shoulder. "She'd scold me if I didn't go," I replied, causing Garrett to snort and nod his head in agreement. I stood and kissed my mate's forehead, letting myself linger for a minute longer to take in her scent. "I love you," I whispered, softly glad that this part of the hospital was high security and that I didn't have to worry about getting caught loving my mate. "I need you."

King Philip placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it, reassuringly. "She will wake up," he said, keeping the uncertainty out of his voice. "We all need her."

I nodded my head and followed the King out of the room. I knew that I must have been dreaming, but I thought I had heard my mate.

I thought I had heard: "I need you, too."

***

"Why did you call us?" Sheamus asked. He glared at me before looking at the King. "Don't you know that I am busy?"