Chapter 4 - The Hangover

Isabelle P.O.V

Waking up with a banging on my head, I open my eyes to bright light making its way through the blinds. I was between white sheets and a large black comforter. Last night's phenomenon recurred. In shock, almost afraid to turn over, I did. He laid there sound asleep with his torso out, and head turned away from me. All I wanted to do was cry. I was butt naked with a boy I couldn't care less about. I gave him my virginity.

Searching around the room I threw on most of what I could find of my outfit. I'd gone commando, nothing but my sweater, jeans, and boots. Once I reached the bedroom door, I heard shuffling towards the bed, so I made even quicker movements. Slamming the door, I recall the way to the front door.

"Amity, what the hell!" I yelled over the phone when I made it out towards the street.

"I thought you had someone pick you up. I looked all over and Ethan isn't supposed to stay out late. He'll get caught." Amity defends herself on the other side of the line.

"Can you come get me. I'll walk by the park on the way." I sigh.

"Okay, really sorry by the way."

She hung the phone. The distance between the house and the park gained me a minimum of 10 stares. I can only imagine what I look like. I sat down on the nearest bench.

A good fifteen minutes or so Amity's car pulls up. I step in and don't speak a word, it remained that way the rest of the car ride.

"Sorry," she spoke breaking the silence.

"Well, you got what you wanted. No longer a virgin."

"You're kidding." She whispers and yelled.

I nodded and left the vehicle. Mostly because I was upset at the entire situation, but I just wanted to clean myself. I felt a little different. I don't know whether it was physically or mentally, but definitely different.

Amity followed close behind. "Seriously, What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I agitated her.

I stayed silent the remainder of the trip to my room. When we arrived in my plain white room, she shuts my door behind me. "You're freaking me out. At least tell me who?" She insisted.

"Oh my gosh" I let out. He has a girlfriend. I barely know this boy.

"What? Just tell me."

"Nothing. Honestly, I have no clue." I lie. "I had sex with a stranger and for the first time," I say honestly. I don't know why I hid it, why I was protecting him, but all I didn't want the drama that came with the truth.

"Were you careful?" She whispers.

"Yeah," I say almost sarcastically, almost as if she was stupid. It wasn't a stupid question. I was stupid enough to have sex at a high school party. And with a pretty bad boy.

"What did he look like?" She questions.

"Blond. Good looking." I smile for a split second. Reminisce that feeling of pleasure, and shake it off virtually simultaneous.

"Really?" She goes off thinking. "Huh."

"I'm taking a shower. I feel disgusting."

She nods with the 'I understand' look. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

Across from my brother's bedroom, I stare into the bathroom mirror. 'Shit' is a good word to describe my appearance currently. The stares were subjected to my crazy hair and smeared eye makeup. Again the headache hit harder than before. My stomach rumbled. When I finished collecting my towel and clothes, I threw up all over the toilet itself. I guess I should have taken the sounds from my abdomen as a warning, but a hangover was unprecedented.

That night was packed with new, and unknown experiences. I was a junior this had to normal. It didn't feel normal. Stepping in the steaming shower, the large droplets descended upon my skin. I let my salty tears do the same on cheeks. It was just my virginity. Many girls have lost it. I felt weak, vulnerable, taken advantage of.

Not only my emotional abuse overflowing me, my stomach and my head is throbbing. I let me out my cries and sobs. I guess I envisioned a happy long relationship that led to sex, not one stupid, drunken one night stand.

A knock on the door made me jump a bit. "Where were you last night? I was expecting you late, but you need to tell me when you going to be late." I hear my mom's voice booming through the door.

"Sorry, at Amity's" I respond. I was confused to which she chooses to ask during my shower.

    Later that night after my snack and my little shower routine, I went downstairs to talk to my mom. I wasn't sure what I was going to tell her, or if I was going to say anything at all, but I wanted her to make the pain magically go away. And there I was standing in the doorway of the kitchen contemplating down into this abyss, tears stinging the back of my eyes.

    "I'm sorry. I should have told you I was going to be gone. The night took a little-unexpected turn," I confess to my mother.

    "It's fine. Just don't let it happen again," Is what consists of my mom's response. Deep down I wanted her to say more, maybe punish me.

    "I didn't want to go. I wish I didn't," I began. "I had a few beers," I embellish. Any other teenager would deny this information if it ever came up. I was just handing it to my mother.

    "Okay," she smiles. "Thanks for telling me."

    "Kay, so nothing else," I say in disbelief.

    "If you want to be grounded? No more parties," she laughs.

    I didn't like it. She has no way of knowing. I could have told her more. I wasn't sure of the reason for ignoring or lying about the fact I had my first intimate encounter. Again I hoped that the normalcy of my respectful behavior wouldn't affect her decision. That she would catch on to my nervous demeanor. But she didn't.

    "Love you," I laugh with her. She hugs me and shooed me off.

    The remainder of that night was reliving my regret over and over again. There was a point I could barely move. Then when I couldn't cry any longer the lamp went off, and I was able to doze off along with.