Chapter 26 - The Hospital

Ryder's P.O.V.

Jayden and I got to the hospital. I may have driven over the speed limit and went through a couple stop signs, but all that matters now is seeing her.

Jayden comes in behind me. I look around for any sign of Isabelle's family. I'm stuck seeing an empty waiting room and the reception lady.

"Um, can you tell me where Isabelle Edwards room is?" I run up towards the desk and tap on the edge as she searches through the computer.

"You related to Miss Edwards?" She asks continuing to scroll through her computer.

"Uh, I'm her- I'm the baby's father," I stutter.

"Okay, she's in room 421. To the right and down the hall."

I wasn't even sure if she was in labor but, I ran towards the hall. Behind me, I hear my brother thank the woman and run after me.

415.

417.

419.

421.

Isabelle's mother waits outside the room, staring at the door and crying.

"What's wrong? She's alright, right?" I ask.

She shrugs and more tears fall from her face.

I sit next to her. Time was going too slow and nothing was happening. The too-clean hospital air and the quiet sobs of Ms. Edwards was slowly getting to me; I have no idea what is going on.

Jayden whispers, "What happened to her in the house? She isn't having the baby, is she?"

I take my head out of my hands. "She passed out. Fuck, I don't know."

"Did you say anything to her?"

"No, I didn't say much. Um, but she did tell me dad tried giving her money to get rid of the baby," I say in such a tone that sounded as if I had just discovered this.

I forgot. I wasn't just worried anymore; I was mad, furious.

"What? Wait, dad asked her to get rid of it? When?"

"Some fucking letter. That's why she was mad at me," I mumble to myself.

Jayden thought to himself. Honestly, had no idea what to think could be running through his head; I don't know what's running through mine.

I look over at Isabelle's mom, but she looks past me. One of the older women that were at the party, Amity, and Breanna come walking into the hallway. "Is she okay? Do you know what's going on," the lady, a relative I'm assuming, says.

"I don't know. They haven't said anything," she says calmer than when I came in.

As the women talk, Amity and Breanna stare at me and Noah and Isabelle's dad come in. If freaking out about my girlfriend wasn't enough, Noah was glaring at me. I never liked him. It was obvious he thought the same about me, but he isn't going to keep me from caring. No one is.

He continued. Right now wasn't the time to hold some grudge out on me. Whatever he thinks I did is false. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt her.

"What?" I asked, "What's your problem?"

"You," he states.

I stand up. I look at him. I couldn't move, but I have all this pent-up energy.