Chapter 27 - The Baby Changes Everything

K... It's finished.

Ryder's P.O.V.

She simply stood there with her head in her hands. A silent panic arose in each of us. It was evident on each of our faces: too shocked to speak, too scared to find out if our assumptions are true, skin pale, and eyes filled with worry.

What's wrong? Is the baby okay?

Is Isabelle okay?

We make a telepathic decision to go see what happened and see if Ms. Edwards was okay. As much as I want to scream at the silence, I stood quietly, wiping the tears away from my cheeks. They began piling into the room and as Jayden stood behind me I looked for any sign of distress, but I heard breathy screams coming from the room.

Isabelle?

In the doorway stood Isabelle's mom. As the screams echo the halls and my heart begins to skip a beat, I saw a large smile on her tear-stained face.

I thought to myself, Everything's going to be okay.

          Isabelle's P.O.V.

The room filled with screaming was surprisingly soothing.

Everything's going to be okay.

I hadn't seen her yet. I was hot and sweaty. All that hair and makeup turned into a waste of time due to an unexpected delivery, weeks too early.

The nurse placed her on my chest, and like my dreams, she had short platinum blonde hair and tiny limbs. I just knew her eyes are bright blue, although I can't see through her eyelids. Wrapped in the little white blanket with blue and pink stripes, her arm was poking out the top as she gripped her ear into her tiny fist. She began to calm down a little from how she was seconds ago.

By my side, Auntie Sheryl gawked at her whilst she rubbed the back of her head. "She's beautiful," she whispers.

On the other side of me, my mom smiles widely at her.

"Hi, grandma," I laugh.

Aunt Sheryl laughs as well and adds, "Your getting old, Anna," which is quite funny considering Sheryl is a little over 5 years older.

Everyone else sat waiting by the door. The each slowly made their way up to bed. Each and every one of us taking in her beauty. Amity smiles, "I can't believe you're a mama."

I'm a mother. That's weird to wrap my head around. Although she's right here in front of me, I feel like it's all going to go back to the way it was months ago with just a pinch, but it's no dream.

When I thought everyone already had their fair share of the little human that is less than an hour old, I spot Ryder at the door. His eyes were teared up and he was shadowed by an unfamiliar boy that looked similar to him with dirty blonde hair and dark eyes. His brother, I'm assuming.

I haven't seen Ryder cry or shall I say tear up since he found out I was pregnant and looking back on it, it was a crazy, weird day. Today was crazy too. First, it starts with a surprise party that didn't last very long. Secondly, I in no way believed I would be meeting my father. And lastly, I especially didn't expect to be having a child, well, this soon.

Our eyes meet. I can't tell him that he can't see her even though I don't want to see him; this is his child too. He steps closer. It was just extremely awkward; they sat looking between the two of us. My mom and Breanna shuffle out of the way for Ryder to get close enough. His eyes immediately reach the baby's and for the first time ever she blinks, adjusting to the harsh hospital lighting. He smiles and we get the first glimpse of her eyes, exactly what I thought them to be.