CHAPTER 1 || Amber Cove ||

Just another misty evening in Belgium where Anna was having the last sip of her tea in pretty Chinaware. She sat in an old, wooden rocking chair by the window where she could see the magnificent city of Belgium. She heard a voice say

"Not yet ready, Anna?"

It was her mother, Ella.

"Give me just five more minutes, mother"

"Fine dear"

Saying this, she went out of Anna's room and pulled the door after her while Anna continued to look out of the steel-rimmed glass windows while seated in the rocking chair. Though the small house in Belgium was her temporary home for just around three months, she felt homely there and didn't want to leave for Amber Cove.

She unwillingly rose from the wooden chair and took her teacup and headed downstairs into the kitchen. She rinsed her cup in water and placed it in the stand and dried her hands with the help of a towel. She walked into her room, locked the door after her and went and stood still in front of the mirror.

She set her hair by tucking the hair that was misplaced into the Dutch braid she wore that morning. She kneeled down to reach out to the shoes she kept in the shelf below the mirror. She slid her feet into the shoes and looked at herself for the last time before she went out of the room. She felt that only her braid was to be set and everything else was intact. She put her hand over the doorknob and turned it and the door opened. She went out and pulled the door and headed downstairs where her mother was waiting for her.
"Your bags are already in the wagon"

"Oh....fine then"

"Let's leave?"

She took a deep breath and said, "Yes"

She got into the wagon and after her, her mother. Anna slid to the window where she rested her arms on the railing of the window and looked outside while her mother who sat next to her, read a book. The journey to Amber Cove was not very long as you would reach there by evening if you left Belgium in mid-morning. Anna and her mother were in Belgium as her mother was an entrepreneur who wove beautiful dresses and clothing for women.

The wagon soon reached to Amber Cove, a small village that was too minute for even a dot on the map. Yet, it was beautiful with luscious green trees, flowers that gave out a pleasant smell just like perfume, extensive fields filled with corn, wheat and other crops that stretched to about half the countryside. The wagon went on a rock bridge, above the clean blue stream that was home to many fishes. As soon as the wagon went on the bridge, Anna took a piece of bread and made it into small pieces and threw it into the stream for the fishes to eat. Ella was still reading her book where Anna tapped her on the shoulder and said,

"Mother, we are here!"

Ella removed her spectacles and closed the book she was reading. She looked at Anna and said, "At last, you spoke"
Anna gave a small smile and looked back outside. Ella then said,
"I don't know what is with you and windows" and she again opened her book and continued to read.

The wagon went into the bustling market that was filled with people who were shopping what they wanted and the wagon soon crossed the market and went into a road that had no people. It had green trees on both the side that bore apples and pears. They soon went to Anna's house in Amber Cove that was nothing but huge. The wagon stopped in front of the door of the house where Ella got down first and then Anna. After she got down, Anna saw a pair of pretty grey eyes that were waiting for her arrival.

"Alice!" she shouted

She went and wrapped her hands around Alice who had tears of joy in her eyes after having seen Anna after a very long time.

Alice was a maiden who lived at Ella's house, serving Anna and Ella. Alice's mother used to take care of the household but after her sudden death, Alice was to serve and over time, she became family. Alice and Anna grew up like sisters and shared every single thing, just like best friends.

The other servants of the house went and brought the luggage from the wagon while Ella, Anna and Alice went into the house. After spending a while together, they went for supper. Alice had made hazelnut soup and it was still steaming hot. Alice
poured the soup into two bowls and placed those bowls on two plates and brought it onto the table. She kept a bowl of the soup in front of Ella and the other in front of Anna. Ella said,

"Won't you join us, Alice?"

"I am not hungry, Miss"

They soon were done and Ella went to her room and slept as she was really tired. Anna, on the other hand, stayed awake as she wanted to spend more time with Alice. They sat at the table and spoke while Alice was drinking her soup. They spoke and spoke and spoke for they had been away for three entire months. Once Alice was done, she went to wash her dishes while she could feel a hand pull out the letter through her pocket.
Alice said, "Anna!"

"Shh...you might not want to wake up mother"

Saying this, Anna who still had the letter sat at the table and read it and she was really shocked and happy. She said to Alice, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I met him only three months ago when you were away"

"So love is in the air...Well....let's see what else he has got for you..."

Saying this, Anna looked into the letter again where at the end, it was written:

Meet me at the market again tomorrow.
Love,
Matthew

"Oh....so Matthew?! Alice, can I please see him tomorrow, please please please!"

Alice thought for a while and in a low tone, she said, "Fine".
Anna was in the clouds when Alice agreed.
That was what the day had in store for Anna and she was already in bed and even before she realised, she was asleep...

____________________
Hey guys!
So that's the first chapter of Fight For And With Love.
New chapters coming up every Friday.
Until then...❤️❤️
Sayonara!

❤️❤️Sayonara!