Chapter 19 || Locket ||

Anna ran all the way to Julia's house even without stopping at one place. She was panting for breath but continued to run. She even forgot to wear shoes because she had to go there in a hurry. She had managed to get out of the house without her mother's notice.

The cold, freezing wind blew right on her face. Her face had turned blue due to the cold and her teeth chattered and her chin shook uncontrollably. A bit of skin too was coming off the soles of her feet.

She soon was near Julia's house. With the same pace in her run, she went behind the house. She ran to Dylan's chest and hugged him, shivering. Dylan took her into his warm embrace. His hands wrapped around her protectively. A tear rolled down Anna's cheek. Dylan knew it and he tightened his arms and pulled her even closer and said,

"Everything is going to be alright. Don't cry".

Anna withdrew from the hug and said,

"This one week I didn't meet you seemed like an eternity to me".

Dylan wiped off the teardrop rolling from Anna's cheek.

"Mine went even worse".

"Let's run away, Dylan".

"Run away? Are you mad?"

"Yes, mad in love with you".

"I don't want to run away. It sounds very cowardly . Let's face what we have to".

"Dylan...you have no idea how callous and indifferently my mother has been behaving since the moment she has gotten to know about us. She is never going to agree".

Dylan slowly held Anna's face with both his hands while he said,

"Of course she won't. Why do you think she will agree if a scoundrel takes away her beautiful daughter. When someone has a child like you, they have to be more cautious right?"

Anna took away his hands off her face. She held them with hers and said,

"You don't understand, Dylan. She won't agree. And tomorrow I will be going to Italy. She has seen a groom for me there".

Dylan withdrew his hands from hers and sighed.

"I didn't give up the throne to elope, Anna".

"What? Did you-"

"Yes I did reject the throne. For you and only for you. If that's what it takes to marry you. I shall fight for my love and I shall fight with love".

Anna kissed him and said,

"But that throne was what you always wanted".

"Not anymore. If it comes in the way, I shall give it up".

Anna hugged him and said,

"I love you".

"I love you more. Have courage and it's fine if you go to Italy tomorrow. You are mine. I shall not allow anyone to even touch you or lay a finger on you".

Dylan then put his hand into his pocket and pulled out something. It was a locket. He took it and placed it in her hands.

The locket was bronze and had a chain attached to it of the same colour. It had a sword carved in the middle of the lid.

"It was given to me by one dear person who is no more. Keep it with you".

Anna took the locket towards herself and said,

"Sure".

Dylan took the locket from her hand and said,

"Turn around".

She turned and Dylan brushed her hair off onto her left shoulder and put the locket onto her neck. He then turned her around and said,

"Don't remove it".

"But-"

"Your mother won't do anything even if she sees it".

"How do you-"

"Aren't you feeling cold?"

Dylan removed his thick black coat and wrapped it around Anna.

"Do take care of yourself, woman!"

Anna chuckled and said,

"Goodbye".

Anna headed to her house. Alice and Julia were waiting at the doorstep, walking in a tended manner if Ella would be back before Anna. After they saw Anna, they were relieved. The three of them went to Anna's room and Anna quickly took off the coat and kept it in the wardrobe.

"He gave up the throne for the sake of marrying me".

"What?"

She explained the entire scene that took place and Julia saw the locket and said,

"That's indeed a very gorgeous locket".

Alice then said,

"He loves you so much. He even gave up the throne for you. You are so lucky".

There was a knock on the door and Anna said,

"Speak of luck".

The three girls chuckled and Alice went and opened the door and Ella entered.

"I make a leave then".

"Goodbye Julia".

Julia went down the stairs. She acknowledged Ella and went out of the door.

**********

It was time for dinner. Anna came down from her room to the dining table. She took a seat at the table and dinner was served. While she applied jam and a bit of butter on her slice of buckwheat bread, the locket fell out and was seen by Ella.

"What is that, Anna?"

Anna looked at the locket and without panicking, Anna said,

"Oh this! This is a locket Dylan gave me a few days ago".

Anna then looked down at her plate and continued to move her butter knife across the bread, trying to cover the entire slice with butter and jam. Ella was rather amused listening to Anna's calm reply. Also, she felt she had seen this locket earlier.

"I hope you know we are going to Italy tomorrow".

"Most certainly, mother".

"Good".

They were done with dinner and Anna headed back upstairs. She closed her eyes and slept.

A few hours later...

Anna was getting dreams of her father. She continuously tossed and turned on the bed until she finally woke up. She went downstairs to get herself water. She walked towards her father's portrait hanged next to the locked door. She saw her father's portrait and was trying to remember when she last saw him, which was over twenty years ago. He died when she was only seven months old. Her mother told her that he died of flu. She also observed that the portrait was slightly tilted down. She moved it so that it became straight and something astonishing happened...

______________
All right!
Hope you liked this chapter. Follow my profile to know when I upload next and
Until then...❤️❤️
Sayonara!

❤️❤️Sayonara!