Chapter 21 || Marriage ||

Ella, Alice and Anna sat down at the table, silently. There was not a word that had been spoken for the last few minutes.

"Why mother, why? My name, my identity and my character, everything. Everything is a lie".

Ella held Anna's hand gently and said,

"It was for our good...
You are Tiana and me, Elizabeth..."

25 YEARS AGO

                       **************************

It was the day of a huge wedding. The entire village celebrated and there were throngs of people waiting outside the palace to look at their king and queen. James and Elizabeth walked into the white balcony, facing the people. Both of them kissed and the crowd cheered with happiness and bliss. There was laughter and joy throughout every corner of the kingdom and in Elizabeth's heart and somewhere on the other side, there was a cry of sorrow.

Clarissa, the princess of Buckhorn, had everything-good and caring parents, wealth, power and beauty. Perhaps the one thing she wanted and longed for wasn't hers-Love. She had long ago, give her heart to the Prince of Amberville or rather, the current king. Tears poured down her eyes as she sat at the locked door of her room. Charlotte, her maid stood next to her, quietly.

"Am I not beautiful?" said Clarissa, sobbing.

"You are, madam".

"Then why did he not like me? He married some commoner. Elizabeth is her name right?"

"Yes".

"When he can love that rag, why can't he love me?"

Charlotte kept her silence.

"That wretch is so disgusting. I shall destroy her".

There was a proposal of marriage place forth to give Clarissa's hand in terms of marriage to the Prince of Amberville, James Augustus Lockwood. They even met for lunch at his palace. He seemed to like her but, there was a letter that came to the palace, one evening, stating that the Prince does not wish to marry Clarissa. They accepted this news in a supple and light-footed manner. They did not want to wage a war as such for peace was what they always wished for. Clarissa's father called her to the courtroom to talk to her. Clarissa went in and took a seat in front of her father.

"You wished to talk to me, father?"

"Yes dear".

"Tell me what it is".

"Well, since you were supposed to get married sometime soon, the Prince of Angel Cove, Richard Anthony Roberts is a fair man".

Clarissa looked down and she said,

"I leave it to you to decide, papa".

Her father gently ran his hand on her head and said,

"That's my daughter".

She even received a letter written to her by James himself a week after the day of his marriage.

Dear Clarissa,
I know I can't even show my face to you for what I have done and so I write this letter to you.
You are a brilliant young woman, beautiful and wise. Probably you deserve much better than me. I am not saying that as an excuse but, I mean it.
Also, I have heard you are getting married to King Richard of Amberville. He is one of my closest friends and is he definitely is the perfect person who fits your personality.
Hope you live happily starting from now and I shall always be in debt to you and also shall remain as your well-wisher.

~James.

Clarissa then took the letter and brought it near the flame of the candle on her table. She burnt the letter and threw it out. She was seeking revenge for what was done every second forth that moment.

Two months later, she got married to the king of Angel Cove, Richard. She indeed found the right match. He was caring, loyal and loving. She had as much hatred and revenge for James equal to the amount of love and affection towards Richard. A few months later, she gave birth to a handsome baby boy. He was named Dylan Anthony Roberts and was the Crown Prince of Angel Cove.

Two years later, Clarissa's father died, leaving sorrow and misery in the hearts of the people. James and Elizabeth came to Buckhorn, with their child Tiana, to visit the family. They entered the palace to see Clarissa seated next to her father's coffin. She had her face buried into the elbow of her right hand resting on the coffin.   Richard was standing next to her, silently but in grief. Elizabeth then handed her child to James and went and placed her hand on Clarissa's shoulder, trying to console her. Clarissa then looked at the person and said,

"You are Elizabeth, aren't you?"

"Yes".

"It's nice to see you finally, Miss-"

"Please call me Elizabeth. It's nice to meet you too".

Clarissa smiled in an unnoticeable evil manner. The men entered in and took the coffin out of the palace to perform the last rites. Everyone was soaked in tears while bidding goodbye to the King. Clarissa called for the servants to make arrangements for James and Elizabeth to stay there overnight for it was dark already.

Clarissa then walked to her room and called for Charlotte. Charlotte entered in and Clarissa said,

"Shut the door".

Charlotte made sure no one was in the corridor and closed the door.

"Now is the moment".

Charlotte pauses and was confused.

"I'm sorry, your highness?"

Clarissa pulled out a dagger and placed it in Charlotte's hand.

"Go kill Elizabeth and if possible, even James".

Charlotte's hand trembled and she dropped the dagger. She kneeled down to pick it up.

"I hope you have understood, Charlotte. I need the news to prevail by tomorrow morning".

"Un-Un-Understood, your highness".

"Get going before it's too late".

Charlotte curtsied and when she was going out,
Clarissa called her again. She turned around.

"Won't you need the keys of their room?" Clarissa said while holding out the keys to the room. Charlotte then took the keys and headed out.

She slid the dagger into her pocket and waited until the palace was soundless in the middle of the night. She took light, soundless steps and opened the door. She slowly took her dagger out and...

______________
Ola!
How was the chapter?
Hope you liked it and do follow my profile to know when I publish the next chapter and
Until then...❤️❤️
Sayonara!

❤️❤️Sayonara!