Chapter 15 || The Choice ||

Dylan went out of the door and smiled at Anna. Anna smiled back and turned when she could feel the grip of his hand around her wrist. She felt goosebumps running through her hand after having felt his warm, gentle touch. She turned around and he said,

"Wouldn't you bid me Adieu?"

He still held her hand when she said,

"Adieu!"

She tried to walk back in but he still held her hand. She looked at him and that's when he slowly slid his hand from her wrist to her soft palms. His thumb was on her knuckles and the other fingers were on her palm.

He then planted a kiss on her hand and looked into her eyes and said,

"Good night, Anna"

He turned around and went away. Anna locked the door and leaned her back to the door. She slid down the door, staring at her hand that he kissed. She couldn't believe what had just happened and blushed while just seated there, at her door.

**********

As Dylan got onto his horse and rode off, he could only remember Anna. Perhaps this was the first time he was happy when he got hurt. Usually, he wouldn't exactly feel anything about his wounds but today was something different. She dressed his wound so gently and her touch itself could work magic. When he left her hand after kissing it, his hands felt empty all of a sudden.

He entered the palace to see his mother waiting for him in the living area. She got up from the chair and asked,

"Did you meet Eleanor's parents?"

"That's why I went there".

"Did they like you?"

"I don't know. But I hope they didn't" Dylan scoffed.

"Dylan, enough!"

"Ma, I have told you before itself that I don't want to get married to Eleanor".

"Dylan, you will get used to it. She seems like the righteous queen to this kingdom".

Then there was a prominent, loud voice that uttered,

"She must also be a righteous wife to Dylan"

That statement turned the attention of both Dylan and Clarissa towards the person who said it. It was from Richard.

"Yes Clarissa, I doubt if she can be a good wife to Dylan"

"Richard! Do you know what you are talking about? We will be able to form an alliance with their kingdom if we get both of them married."

"Enough mother! I am not going to marry her for the sake of the alliance. Also, the entire idea that a royal must get married to a royal infuriates me." Dylan spoke.

Clarissa then said,

"Dylan, think over it again-"

"Nothing can change my decision mother. I am not marrying Eleanor."

"But-"

"Good night."

Dylan walked away to his room. He scowled and slammed the door after him.

Clarissa then said to Richard,

"I don't know what is going to change his mind, Richard."

Richard exhaled sharply and said,

"I don't know what can change your mind, Clarissa."

Saying this, Richard walked away to his chamber and Clarissa snarled loudly,