Chapter 24 || Coronation ||

"You must take the throne as the Queen of Amber Cove".

"But-"

"You must, Tiana. You have no other choice".

Tiana kept quiet, thinking about it. She a Queen? It seemed to be all strange. She wasn't used to being called by her own name yet and she was to take the throne?

"Your coronation shall be held tomorrow".

Tomorrow? Was he joking? How could she digest that truth?

"We shall make arrangements for your chamber. Please walk through the palace and spend a while".

Richard went out of the courtroom with Clarissa. She was feeling shocked as well as guilty. She was guilty as she felt that she was betraying Dylan. He sacrificed the throne for her and she would become queen. It all felt like it was her  blame to take.

Her chamber was made ready. It was huge. It had a cushiony bed, elaborately decorated walls and a rich look. All that did not matter at all now. The same sort of thoughts were running through her mind.

Elizabeth and Alice came to the palace. Both of them were given chambers of their own. They couldn't meet Tiana as they came during the night and Tiana was fast asleep by the time they arrived at the palace.

THE DAY OF THE CORONATION

Tiana was ready in her white gown. It was her mother's coronation gown. She still had that frown on her face when Alice, who helped her get ready, asked,

"What's wrong?"

Tiana fiddled with the blue crystal necklace she wore. It was given to her by her father. She held the locket Dylan gave her. She hadn't met him since the previous day. Alice patted on her shoulder and said,

"Tiana?"

She started to feel teardrops roll down her eyes. She was feeling sad for not one but many reasons. She wished she never knew of or went through any of this. She just wanted to feel like before-happy and light hearted. She felt the pit of grief and guilt in her stomach as she cried to herself.

"I feel guilty, Alice. He gave up the throne for me and now, I am taking the throne. It makes me feel convinced. I wish I could hug him right now".

A masculine voice from behind then said,

"Then you must".

Tiana turned around and rose from her seat. She lifted her gown and ran towards him. She collided with Dylan's chest and buried herself in it. Dylan too held her in his arms.

He then held Tiana's face with both his hands and kissed her on the forehead.

"So the future queen is ready?"

"Argh! Don't even call me that" Tiana said as she slightly turned away from him. She walked a couple of steps forward. She had her back facing Dylan.
She paused and again spoke,

"I feel guilty, Dylan. You gave up the throne for me and now, I am getting coronated".

Alice then said,

"Let me leave the two of you alone".

Alice walked out.