Chapter 9 || Enchanted ||

It was dark by the time Anna reached home. She opened the gates and went to the door and knocked on it. Alice opened the door and Anna went in. Alice said,

"We have hot chocolate for dinner"

Anna nodded indifferently and she climbed up the staircase from the living room and headed to her warm, cosy room upstairs. Alice looked in the direction of Anna's room and she could hear Ella say,

"She must be in a bad mood. Talk to her later"

Alice nodded and went and sat on the couch and continued knitting the sweater.

***************************

Anna went into her room and closed the door, without latching it. She removed the coat Dylan gave her, folded it and kept it on the dresser. She opened the small window near her bed to get some fresh air. Since that was not enough, she closed the window and pulled the chair from the corner of the room and stood on it. She pulled the brass ring that was attached to the ceiling. The door attached to the ceiling opened and Anna climbed through it. She went and sat on the terrace of her house, under the clear sky and stars. She still couldn't quite believe that she actually shook hands with Dylan and agreed to stay on friendly terms with him. She was both happy and dumbstruck.

Alice entered into the room and saw that the ceiling door was open. She too climbed up and went and sat next to Anna with a cup of hot chocolate in her hands. Anna could feel Alice's presence and the tantalising aroma of steaming fresh hot chocolate gush through her nose. Anna didn't look at her but said,

"I met Julia in the market today"

"Then...?"

"We went to the church and while coming back, I saw an old man shivering in cold and I gave him my cloak and the people around, of course, didn't like it and started saying very harsh things to me..."

Alice kept the cup aside and wrapped Anna in her arms and said,

"Everyone out there is like that-harsh, cruel and disagreeing. You must not care about all that"

"That's not what disappointed me....the things that happen after that were the ones that actually dumbstruck me"

Alice gave a pause and withdrew her hands from Anna. Anna took the cup of hot chocolate and took a sip of it. She then said,

"All of a sudden, when everyone was speaking about me, it all came to silence, not even one person was brave enough to part their lips to utter anything else bad about me. I could feel a coat being wrapped around me by gentle, caring arms. It was Dylan and that was why everyone was quiet"

"Oh....then what happen?"

"We went near one of the cornfields, far from the market. Dylan said, 'I did that only because you helped the old man, not to save you'. Then I said, 'Then, I don't even have to thank you'. Bradley was also there. He was tired of seeing us fight and he asked us to shake hands"

"And...."

"We shook hands"

"So you both are on friendly terms now"

"Maybe...."

"God! I have been waiting for this day. Both of you want to talk to each other but you both end up fighting always. I am glad for you"

Anna almost had finished her hot chocolate and she then remembered at once and she said,

"I forgot to give back his coat"

**************************

"Brad, I forgot to take back the coat from her"

"You can take it tomorrow"

Dylan and Bradley were walking to the palace. Both of them reached the palace and near the gate, a servant came and took the horse from Dylan in order to leave it in the stable. Dylan slid his palm through the soft, brown fur of his horse before the servant took him away. They entered into the palace when Bradley went into his chamber. Dylan was walking to his room when he encountered his mother who was already in a bad temper. She said,

"Where had you been?"

"To the market"

"How many times have I told you not to go to a place where there are too many villagers?"

"Mother, how many times should I tell you that I won't stop?"

"Oh, so now you are raising your voice at me, young man?"

"Ma..."

"And you very well know that Eleanor's family is a reputed one and they wouldn't expect this from you"

Dylan got off his nerves and said,

"Mother, how many times have I told you I am NOT going to marry Eleanor"

Saying this, Dylan stormed away into his room. Clarissa then shouted,

"Whatever you say, Eleanor is your wife"

Dylan went to his chamber and locked the door. He too needed a bit of air and he went and opened the window of his room. He rested his arms on the window sill and leaned to the window. He too was sunk into the thoughts about what happen that day. After a while, pulled the frame of the crown glass in order to close the windows. He went and lied down on his bed and rested his head on the silk woven pillow. He had his eyes open and images of the enchanting glow Anna's beautiful amber eyes kept on rewinding in his mind, which deprived him of his sleep. He had never, even in his dreams thought that he would talk to Anna properly. He also felt that there was no need to take back the coat from Anna and allow her to keep it as his memory, perhaps?

**********************************

Clarissa entered into the courtroom and ordered a servant to bring along Agatha. In no time, Agatha was in sight of the queen and she could see the heat due to the fuming anger of the queen. Clarissa then said,

"I am assigning a task for you. Give me your word that this shall be between the two of us"

"With all my heart, I promise that I will not reveal what you are going to tell me, your highness"

"That's great! Now, I need you to check why my son goes to the market"

"Do you mean I should spy on him?"

"Whatever it takes to know what my son does in the market"

"Your wish is my command, your highness"

______________________
Ola!
So my update came late already....sorry for that.
Anyway, that's all I have for you today and...
Until the next chapter...❤️❤️
Sayonara!

❤️❤️Sayonara!