Happy Hunger Games!

I was into the entrance hall, where there seemed to be two separate rooms either side and then another hallway. 

I got led into the room to the left whereas Castor went into the one on the right. 

I got shut in where a peacekeeper told me that I'd be seen shortly. 

I can only wonder, be seen by who? I really hope it is not President Snow. 

I have to reassure myself that he cannot kill me off just yet. He make my life a living hell within the games, but he still needs a girl from four. Right?

I sit in the room feeling scared and alone. From the outside it offers a window. But from the inside it is closed off, so I am just left with myself and my thoughts. The room is pretty barren. With nothing but a white sofa, and a plant in the corner. The wooden floor hold no creaks, as the room only gets used once a year. The paint on the wall looking immaculate, but who could guess how long these walls had been painted blue. It could be anywhere between a day and 63 years. 

I was pulled back to the present, as a knock came upon the door. I didn't say anything. I don't even think I was given the option to choose if I wanted them to enter anymore. I was no longer Y/N from District four, I was just a pawn of the games.

In entered my poor old grandmother, and delicate little sister. The peacekeeper closed the door behind them, giving us a bit of privacy. Though something told me we weren't alone. 

My sister ran straight to me and grabbed on to me as tight as she possibly could. 

"I am not letting you go," she announced, sounding utterly sincere, "You're not going to those stupid hunger games. 

I don't reply to her, as I have nothing beneficial to respond. But I just sit and stroke her hair. 

I look up towards my grandmother who is smiling down at us with tears in her eyes. 

Her smile isn't without it's flaws, with it cracking every so often. To accompany her smile came her cracked voice. 

"You can do this Y/N. I know that you can. I know you don't carry much belief in yourself, and you are heavy with empathy. But in these games you cannot be yourself. The only thing that matters is you. You coming home. No matter what you have to do you will come home to us".

She takes a break as her voice cracks even more. 

She points towards my little sister, "you need to return for her".

My sister and I had always had a close relationship. Of course we had had all the natural sibling quarrels but between our parents dying at such a young age and our situation, we only really had each other. 

My parents died when she was just four years old, myself being seven. It was nothing that could be helped, just an accident. My mother wasn't even meant to be out on the boat that day, but she was. The boat capsized and killed both my parents along with my uncle, Fleet. 

Another knock befalls the door, signalling that our time is over. 

The same peacekeeper that welcomed them in came to collect them. 

My grandmother pulls my sister away from me as the peacekeeper is trying to pull them both out of the room. 

But I quickly shoot up and grab a hold of my grandmother. 

The peacekeeper is quick to grow impatient. 

"Hurry up!" 

My grandmother lets go of me and has to almost carry my now sobbing sister away.