Catching Fire

I get pushed into the vehicle and the passenger door gets slammed in my face I sulk down in the seat I was forced in. 

I turn to look at Finnick, not sure what to say to him but just hoping to seek some comfort in his face. 

I find no such hope, as he is looking out of the window. 

I decide it's best to leave him alone right now, he's needs to be left with this own thoughts. 

So, I turn back towards the window as I know this will be the last time I will see my home district. 

At some point during the journey, Finnick's hand finds my own as we hold hands on the way to the train station. Our actions speaking the words that go unheard. 

As we arrive at the train station, I decide the best approach is to drop Finnick's hand. He seems to agree as he let's go as I do. 

I seem to still be playing the solemn widow of Castor, even two years after his death. 

My door gets opened by the peacekeeper that had pushed me into the car. 

I decide not to thank him. 

I know it isn't his fault that I'm in this predicament, nor that I wasn't allowed to say goodbye. But I can't seem to help but hold a grudge against him for being the one who didn't let me speak to my little sister one last time. 

I don't get out of the car with any grace, I just hop out as I normally would. There is no need to come across as anymore delicate then I already am. 

I am a past Victor. They already know all of my secrets. There is nothing more to hide besides the fact that I was never truly in love with Castor. But something tells me the other tributes will already be aware of that. 

Even if I don't have to look delicate, I still have to play pretend. 

I've got to convince the people that I am happy to be in this position. 

So, I attempt just that. As my feet hit the floor, I make sure to make a show walking past the Camera's. 

I smile, I wave and I blow a single kiss, of which one of the 'journalist's' pretends to catch and hold to his heart. 

They ask me some questions, of which I don't respond to. 

Not only had Bale told me not to during my Victory Tour, but I honestly couldn't understand a word they were saying. 

I look back as another car rolls up behind us this time bringing my old mentor and escort. 

I can't remember the mentor  for Finnick's game, I never got to meet them. 

But I am sure that he had a different escort. I don't know what happened to her. She just seemed to have disappear. And then Bale showed up. 

Finnick puts on the same parade as me, as he flashes his signature smirk and waves to the camera as he makes his way up on to the platform. 

I follow and stand beside him. 

Then Azure and Bale make their way up. 

Bale gladly smiles for the camera, and makes a debut of trying to show off his tributes. I'm not sure whether he was trying to sell the story of, 'look I've got my old Victor!' or 'look I've got Finnick Odair!' Whatever it was seemed to make the cameras happy. 

Azure doesn't take part in creating a show, she just solemnly makes her way up towards the train. 

So we all stand in front of the train. Azure to the far left, then me, then Finnick and to the far right stands Bale.