Our final Interview

We are all standing at the side of the stage waiting for Caesar to welcome on the first of the tributes, when Katniss shows up in a wedding dress. 

Nobody knows what to say as we all stare in silence. 

Finally Finnick says, "I can't believe Cinna put you in that thing".

I nudge him. 

"What?" he asks.

"Don't be rude!" I tell him.

"Sorry," he says I'm not sure whether it is directed at me or Katniss. 

She defensively replies, "he didn't have any choice. President Snow made him". 

Cashmere then decides to get her say in, "well you look ridiculous". 

"And  you don't?" I ask her, looking her up and down. 

We all look ridiculous. Standing here in the Capitol's degrading outfit's pretending that we are fine with what is happening to us. 

She throws her hair over her shoulder and ignores me. 

She takes her brothers hand and leads him to go and line up, ready to go on stage. 

The others follow. 

Some people don't follow Cashmeres route of belittling Katniss, some pat her on the back and I decide to also give her a small pat on the back. 

Johanna adjust her necklace and tells her, "Make him pay for it". 

I don't pay attention to anybody's interviews. 

I don't care for them, or their false words. 

Besides Beetee's who announces, "surely if the rule was written in by man then it can be taken out". 

The audacity to say such a controversial thing on stage. I love it. 

I expect the audience to retaliate in outrage. 

But they cheer for him. They aren't happy with this year's hunger games that much had already been made clear. 

Because they felt like they had some sort of connection to us, we were more their friends now than some innocent unknown child getting thrown into the games, they couldn't bare to lose us. 

Soon enough it was Finnick's turn up on stage, I squeeze his hand as he runs on. 

Caesar is quick to begin interviewing him. 

He is not shy from getting straight to the point. 

"Someone as handsome as you, must have someone special back home". 

His smile quickly and even seems to blush. 

"Well, actually," he puts his head down and he twiddles with his friendship bracelet. 

Caesar looks from the bracelet on his wrist to the one on my own and then to me. 

"Do we have another love story among tributes?" He asks practically yelling from excitement. 

Finn turns his head to look and me and smiles. 

What the hell is he playing at?

He just laughs at his question, " I always have and always will love you," he doesn't mention my name but he looks at me as he says this.

"I will do whatever I must".

And with that Caesar ushers him off and he takes his place up by the other tributes.